Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 4 May 15, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

could you not just email a copy of util bills the problem would be solved then.
get everything ready to send email open and attachments atached so the only thing you need to enter is email adress.
ring them up and explain what your intensions are and ask for the person you are talking to email adress (company email)
send email while you are on phone and ask them if everything is ok now.
got to be qiuckest solution and Im sure they will go with it
Old 4 May 15, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
12randal
Excited about Disney

12randal's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Conno View Post
Is it really not obvious?

To prove you're the owner of the card, at that address (a utility bill will have your name and address printed on it)

This is common practice with a LOT of companies on the Internet if you're sending an item to an address other than the one registered to the card.

Hell; even Amazon ask you to confirm your identity (by asking personal questions) if you attempt to send to an address other than the one the card is registered to...

Sounds like a case of consumer being awkward, IMO.

I'm actually happy to hear of ATD (and other companies) doing this. It means my card, if ever stolen, can't be used as easily by other people.
the problem seems that they took the money out immediately ! they are not caring about fraud if they were they could issue a refund immediately and would not worry!
as always with these companies they have fallen down whenever there is a problem and they have made the mistake
get your refund and use floridatix a far better company to deal with!
12randal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mickymoose
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

CC company will sort it. Buy them and get delivery to your address and then post them on to the recipients. Or is it that the recipient lives at your house?

Here now and loving it!
mickymoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 12randal View Post
the problem seems that they took the money out immediately ! they are not caring about fraud if they were they could issue a refund immediately and would not worry!
I would think they are which is why they haven't dispatched the tickets yet.

Chances are the op will have the same issue buying from another company if he wants the tickets sent to a different address.

If one is my customers was kicking up such a fuss about not wanting to send proof of address though alarm bells would be ringing and I would refund so they could buy them elsewhere.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickymoose View Post
CC company will sort it. Buy them and get delivery to your address and then post them on to the recipients. Or is it that the recipient lives at your house?
That is the problem, he doesn't want them posted to his address.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickymoose
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
That is the problem, he doesn't want them posted to his address.
Ahh. I'm sure that they could put them in a very non descript envelope.

Shouldn't be a problem to send an email with an attachment. Sorted.

Taking payment is an automated process that obviously doesn't need a delivery address otherwise we'd have to give it every time we paid via card.
mickymoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Horror story?

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Whenever I made the booking there was absolutely no problem with shipping to another address. I explained my reasons why.
The money was taken from my CC 1 week ago.
It was only yesterday there suddenly is a problem and ATD aren't giving me a clear reason#why.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I think thats its quite simple. The OP is protected by the CC company, they can get a refund instantly these days but who protects the company?

The company are trying to make sure they dont send out tickets to an address, then get the money withdrawn with a fraud card claim.

By sending out a utility bill it will prove that the card is not stolen or cloned and they will send the tickets out. If a refund was then sort the company would say, hand on this is not right as we had a utility bill sent as well. If you dont send the information as requested this will increase their suspicion that something is wrong with the card.

Why not just send the information requested , prove you are who you say you are and get the tickets?

Its quite possible that they are now stalling you while they conduct further checks on the card. The " other manager" if often a trick used to buy more time to check with the fraud department.

I think ATC should be commended for their diligence personally.
Old 4 May 15, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
"Horror story?"
Sweets, Im with you think the title of this thread is a LOTT! I thought you were going tomorrow (type of thing ) and not received tickets! Yes it will be annoying for you but prehaps due the the Bank holiday the right person is off.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread