Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 15, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

Insurance.

Does the price include all insurances as with Alamo Brits?

Would like full insurance with zero excess if possible.

Many thanks.
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiger431 View Post
Does the price include all insurances as with Alamo Brits?

Would like full insurance with zero excess if possible.

Many thanks.
Yes it does.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

Have taken the plunge and booked for 16 days totalling $587 (£376),

Cadillac Escalade AWD/Lincoln Navigator (Group P6) LFAR
(P6) Escalade AWD/Lincoln Nav. or similar

Hope it's not too BIG...
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiger431 View Post
Have taken the plunge and booked for 16 days totalling $587 (£376),

Cadillac Escalade AWD/Lincoln Navigator (Group P6) LFAR
(P6) Escalade AWD/Lincoln Nav. or similar

Hope it's not too BIG...
It would need it's own postcode on this side of the Atlantic, but over there, it is just fine :
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by fluff48 View Post
I have this deal for next June/July for 23 nights.

Join gold club before you book, then log in before making booking. You can then go straight to the garage without the hard sell. Your car will be waiting in a bay for you. We did this last year and only person you talk to is the lady who gets your signature when you leave & gives you the contract with what you owe.b we had no isse with hertz, hence booking again with gold (good deal helped as well).

My only niggle is if they try to charge the real price before we leave. Then what would happen? Woukd not want to have to book another car that day as it would be expensive.

I joined the Gold Club as you recommended and after booking my vehicle logged in and effectively automatically completed on-line check in.
Does this mean I can go straight to the garage, or do I still have to suffer the hard sell at the desk?

Thanks for all your help.
Old 3 Aug 15, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Another one who has booked the Escalade for April 😀 we had a Chevvy Tahoe last October from Alamo, it was beautiful and huge, great to drive! I think they are similar to the Escalade 😜
Old 3 Aug 15, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrom78 View Post
Another one who has booked the Escalade for April 😀 we had a Chevvy Tahoe last October from Alamo, it was beautiful and huge, great to drive! I think they are similar to the Escalade 😜
The Tahoe is the cheaper sister of both the GMC Yukon and the Cadillac Escalade

That said, the 2015 Tahoes are gorgeous and most have an excellent toy count
Old 4 Aug 15, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stevie4714 View Post
I have used Hertz before are they any better/worse than any of the others?
They used to generally have better spec cars but apparently they're running cars much longer these days.

I used them in Orlando 3 times in a row starting with the famous Hertz / Expedia glitch where it was charging the same amount for any period from 5 to 28 days. I was one of the first to pick up a car and they had no record it was pre-paid. Expedia US wouldn't answer the phone and Hertz couldn't call internationally and wanted me to call Expedia Uk from my mobile!

In the end they took the full cost (over $2K) from my credit card and said they'd sort it out. I was given an Escalade - which was awesome! I wasn't too concerned as I thought either Hertz or Expedia would sort it, and they did.

One thing I will say is that there was never any query over the rate, even though it was only about £250 (I'd booked a full size SUV).

I used them twice more and had issues both times - once being charged for recovery and PAI and the last time for someone else's fuel. In the last one, it looks like someone else had taken a car out in my name! Neither time I got anything other than the car I booked. None of the times did the Gold canopy service work, although it was sorted out in the garage booth each time.

Enough was enough - I used Alamo for 2 cars last year and that worked seamlessly.

Having said all that - I've also taken up Hertz's latest "offer". However we're not going again until Nov 16 and the confirmation says the rate is subeject to change. That seems to happen if it's over 12months away so I'm not particularly confident that it'll stick.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
We also got the Expedia glitch and had an armada for £240 for a month! I registered as gold member and it went fine. The last 2 trips we used thrifty (not good - Dodge Charger that had to b changed twice) and sixt (not great ended with Jeep Patriot when I booked a full size).

Booked this hertz deal for next year and I'm a happy camper!
Old 4 Aug 15, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Im going to throw in my views and I really hope I am proved wrong!

There is no such thing as a free lunch and it may turn out that there is a mistake in the system that is giving these prices.
In that case Hertz can and will revoke the bookings and then the problems will start!

I have done a dummy booking and it looks brilliant and I wish all Dibbers the best of luck and hope they get their Escalades and have a great time
Not for me though sorry.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread