Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 15, 05:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Buses from Magic Kingdom Tonight

Anyone currently at Magic Kingdom tonight or been there today?! Seriously what's happening? We've been queing 45-60 minutes to get a bus to Pop Century and we're still not on one now. We'd been to Narcoossees at Grand Floridian for dinner and transferred to MK for the buses. There's a long queue for the Ferryboat too...snaking all around ropes outside of the pier and up near the entrance First few days we were here was fine...just been talking to some American girls and they can't understand how busy it is...they said they thought it would have queitened down now Columbus weekend is over.

Anyone coming out in the next few days give yourself plenty of time for transport to ADRs etc if you're not driving xxx

P.s. there was also an ambulance outside MK I hope it wasn't a Dibber who was injured/hurt as they took a stretcher in keeping them in my thoughts xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Oh, I feel for you. Back last November we twice waited an hour for a bus to SSR from MK, which then took a further hour to get there. It didn't help that te wind was freezing cold that night and the bus air con was on full!

Turned out there were two road accidents in the area that night.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Oh, I feel for you. Back last November we twice waited an hour for a bus to SSR from MK, which then took a further hour to get there. It didn't help that te wind was freezing cold that night and the bus air con was on full!

Turned out there were two road accidents in the area that night.
Well we got back to Pop 15 mins ago! Crazy Oh no, that's awful. I don't think the problem tonight was the buses I think it was just the shear influx of people?! I can't imagine seeing it at Christmas or July after seeing it tonight there was a couple who's 2 children were asleep in their prams and they were kicking off with the bus driver saying they weren't taking them out of the prams whilst they were asleep. Now I can understand that they didn't want to wake them but it's not safe for them to stay in the prams or fair for anyone else to have all that room taken up when the bus is already crowded. Felt sorry for the driver he looked stressed enough and didn't need that but he didn't backdown xxx
Old 18 Oct 15, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by *~Nic~* View Post
there was a couple who's 2 children were asleep in their prams and they were kicking off with the bus driver saying they weren't taking them out of the prams whilst they were asleep. Now I can understand that they didn't want to wake them but it's not safe for them to stay in the prams or fair for anyone else to have all that room taken up when the bus is already crowded. Felt sorry for the driver he looked stressed enough and didn't need that but he didn't backdown xxx
... of course he didn't back down, unless the prams had been tagged as 'treat as wheelchair' then it would have been against Florida law!
Dabootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dabootie View Post
... of course he didn't back down, unless the prams had been tagged as 'treat as wheelchair' then it would have been against Florida law!
I know that but this lady clearly thought she was someone special. The fuss she was causing was ridiculous, she made a right show of herself and expected to keep her children in the pram.
Old 18 Oct 15, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaju&bob
Imagineer

When we were there in September we had a meal at Califirnia Grill and when we left we walked to magic kingdom to get the bus back, forgot the park closed at 9 that night - the queue for POR was horrendous it came right out of the actual bus stop, and was heading back down towards the boat area. Never seen anything like it. What was frightening was the guy who was loading the buses as they came in, he literally rammed them full to busting. I know they want to get people away as quick as possible but it doesn't bear thinking about if the bus had an accident. We ended up on one of the 'bendy' buses so twice as many loaded on- never been so glad to get back to resort.
PO Riverside 2002 2007 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 (2017) 2018 2019 2020
Animal Kingdom 2006
Floridaju&bob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I always found when we went in 2007 we stayed at Pop Century with the free dinning plan and if it's still the same now the queues for the buses to and from the parks were big as you only had 1 stop at the reception area. Even from the parks we watched as the mod resorts had extra buses on when the queues were busy.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 15, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I find it incredible that you had to wait that long. When we were at CBR in February 2014 it took 5 buses before we got on one (I had to join the main queue with my ECV) BUT the buses were literally pulling up as soon as the full one left the stop. That's what it SHOULD be like at park closing.

Going to MK around 9am from AoA this March they ran 3 buses one after the other.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 15, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza68
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by *~Nic~* View Post
Anyone currently at Magic Kingdom tonight or been there today?! Seriously what's happening? We've been queing 45-60 minutes to get a bus to Pop Century and we're still not on one now. We'd been to Narcoossees at Grand Floridian for dinner and transferred to MK for the buses. There's a long queue for the Ferryboat too...snaking all around ropes outside of the pier and up near the entrance First few days we were here was fine...just been talking to some American girls and they can't understand how busy it is...they said they thought it would have queitened down now Columbus weekend is over.

Anyone coming out in the next few days give yourself plenty of time for transport to ADRs etc if you're not driving xxx

P.s. there was also an ambulance outside MK I hope it wasn't a Dibber who was injured/hurt as they took a stretcher in keeping them in my thoughts xxx
Sorry you had such a wait. We were there first two weeks of August and never waited more than 20 minutes, even at park closing!
Wazza68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 15, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread