Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 15, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
To me its a no branier. Car v buses. No thank you
One word sums it up for me - flexibility.
I agree a bus is quicker to the MK but even then thats only from the TTC not a resort.
I wouldnt contemplate not having a car on a Florida trip. No queues for buses, no ringing taxis, drive when it suits me not a timetable, get to restaurants easilly and Publix, Walmart, Malls etc.
Yes it's more expensive but if I couldn't have a car I would think twice about going.
I'm so with you I get the hump standing at the bus stop for me it's car car car all the way.
Old 7 Dec 15, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
we have done both aswell

100 % on-site, no need for a car, MDE from airport, use bus's, we then got a cab to Universal

now, we do it this way

MDE from airport, bus's to all the disney parks, pick up car on about day 4 or 5 from the swan / dolphin hotel, no hard sell on anything, its pre-booked,disney staff hand over keys and you go and collect from the valet

then we have a car for universal, walmart / super t etc etc
Agree in principle, but i'm not getting a car from the swolphin again. both times i've had old cars with loads of miles on them, not that it makes a lot of difference, but i think the CCC might give you the choice of car?
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 15, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Toffeepop
Getting Excited

We picked up from CCC last year but we didn't get a choice of car, it was already assigned. No problem with it though
Toffeepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 15, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We picked up from the CCC this year and were assigned a car also, there was no problem with it but DH had his heart set on getting a different model that wasn't available at time of pick up. The guy behind the desk said there was one due in in a couple of days and to pop back and change if we wanted, so that was what DH did.

They were really helpful and even offered us a free upgrade to a sporty 2 seater model which we had to decline, unfortunately, due to our kids refusing to spend their holiday at the CCC (I know... how selfish! )
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 15, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We hire a car but also use the buses. It depends where we are going. I'd always take the bus to magic kingdom. For other parks it depends if we are going elsewhere afterwards.

We had a nightmare collecting the hire car last year so our plan is to use Magical Express next time and get the car for just a week in the middle of the trip.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 15, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We hire a car but also use the buses. It depends where we are going. I'd always take the bus to magic kingdom. For other parks it depends if we are going elsewhere afterwards.

We had a nightmare collecting the hire car last year so our plan is to use Magical Express next time and get the car for just a week in the middle of the trip.
i think this is what we're leaning towards doing now
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 15, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Having done 2 trips without a car... Whilst taxis are availible, they are expensive and as young women they were downright unnerving sometimes, Disney buses are brill, as is the itrolley, but neither are any good for the shopping malls or Walmart (so we needed taxis) in August I'm taking my sister, we are staying half onsite at Disney and half on idrive, I'm going to hire us a car for either a week or 10 days (I'll decide once I've done our park plan)as I don't want to drive from the airport, I've never driven an auto and have very little sense of direction (sat nav is coming on holiday) so want to hire from the car care centre so it's less pressure when we get out and I'm less tired, and also it's fairly expensive to pay young driver fees for 2 weeks. However I do want us to have the flexibility to go to the malls, and the outlets ect. And have a car like I do at home (I love driving, and the freedom having my car gives) and also know that it's mostly paid upfront (we would still have a little kitty for parking at universal, but wouldn't have to worry about taxi costs)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

i think that we've decided on hiring a car for 10 days in the middle of our trip to give us the flexibility for going to resorts or shopping at our own leisurely pace.
we're not going to need a car until about 2 days into the holiday and the last 2 days before departure we'll have done all our shopping trips etc... so the shuttles will be suffice for these days (or an uber)
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This may be a silly question, but where do I book to get my car at the ccc?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

i had a look on alamos' site and you can choose to pick up from the CCC
Closed Thread