Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 6 Sep 16, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Universal 2017 prices

Are prices really going up to £210+ for the 2-park bonus ticket next year ? This is for the 14-day ticket which is about £160 this year. Seems like a massive increase or am I looking in the wrong places ?
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wow, off the back of your post I just had to go and have a look at Florida Escapes (where we have bought our park tickets for the past 3 trips) and I am amazed by the increase in prices!

We paid £433 each for a 14 day Disney/Universal combo ticket this year... next year the same ticket is £559! I cannot believe that hike... maybe I am less sad we aren't returning next year now!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

There was post earlier today about the 2 park ticket. Orlandoattractions.com still have the 2 park universal ticket at £183 while stocks last. You can call and pay a deposit to secure the tickets at that price.

Once they are gone it will change to the 3 park ticket to include the new water park.

I haven't found anywhere else still selling at this price or less.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Yes is see the orlandoattreactions site at £183 but don't have the cash for 4 tickets yet and don't have flights yet so not sure of exact dates anyway. I was kind of hoping I was wrong about the prices ! Do you think these are just advanced tickets and may well come down once we hit 2017 or closer too ? I have no interest in the water park so quite unhappy about the price increase because that's been added lol
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Orlandoattractions.com still have the 2 Park Bonus ticket left as said, while stocks last. After that, they change to 3 park explorer ticket, which includes the new water park, Volcano Bay. Thats the ticket you are seeing on other sites, and indeed is the only ticket going forward.
I'd heavily recommend buying the 2 Park bonus ones before they go if you can
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I think the prices will keep going up. Once those old 2 park tickets are gone I don't think any websites will sell cheaper.

We haven't booked our holiday yet but know it will be May 2017. I phoned orlandoattractions yesterday to book tickets and paid a deposit of about £50 for other tickets. The balance has to be paid 8 weeks before the holiday. The deposit is about 10% of the order value i think.

For now we are down as May 1st 2017 for travel date but will call to confirm dates once our holiday is booked.

I bought our Universal 2 park ticket from florida escapes at £180 and the next day it had changed to the explorer ticket for £207. That was for the 2 park ticket. We don't do waterparks either.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was checking price a couple of nights ago and Orlando Attractions had them at £183 and everyhwere else was over £205 so I put them on my % on purchase credit card.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

I guess it's a combination of the usual price increase, prices going up extra to pay for volcano bay and the awful post-brexit exchange rates biting .

We paid £142 for 14 day passes this time...
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can remember getting Universal tickets for £85 a 'few' years ago
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessietatt13
Proud to wear my Ears

we have decided to not bother with universal next trip due to this massive increase. We went in 2015 and with not many new rides before our next trip I could not justify paying it. We have opted for a 3 park seaworld package including Busch at just under £100 each including parking instead.
Jessietatt13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread