Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 7 Nov 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snail999 View Post
So explain why the ticket price did not go down when the pound was strong? Your logic does not make sense. It is just Disney being very very greedy.

But you are comparing the price increase from when the pound was stronger. It's only gone one way in the past year or so.

So with the 20 % reduction in the value of the pound you would have Disney take that 20% loss?
As a business they have to answer to shareholders, and saying they are taking the loss rather than passing it on would not make business sense.

It's not just Disney tickets, it's anything that is priced in Dollars that is affected.
For Example
You will probably see more airfare increases next year as the Airlines use up the fuel they hedged at a better rate earlier this year. They all buy fuel months ahead so the exchange rate collapse will start to affect them soon.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We as a couple are going to Orlando in Jan for 2 weeks staying at comfort suites with virgin holidays

I have just spoken to virgin and they said it's ok to have 3 days in comfort suites and the last 4 days in comfort suites which we will go to universal
The other 7 days we will save our money from NOT buying Disney tickets and hire a car for a week in Naples or the keys
Will not be held to ransom by disney
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
We don't ever buy a 14 day ticket now as we don't spend all the time at Disney, we get MYW tickets and got 5 days for next year at £219 each. Don't forget their price rise is also to cover the 'free' Memory maker on each ticket where you only need one person to have the MM.
does that mean you get x5 days in a park (say one day in each plus say a water park ) for £219 each ?

thanks
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
We don't ever buy a 14 day ticket now as we don't spend all the time at Disney, we get MYW tickets and got 5 days for next year at £219 each. Don't forget their price rise is also to cover the 'free' Memory maker on each ticket where you only need one person to have the MM.

Could I ask where you bought them from please - I cant find them at that price

I was thinking maybe 2018 after all

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We may drop Disney next year and just do Universal and Seaworld and Busch. We may have been tempted by MYW tickets, but even they seem to have increased in price a lot.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

The price increase at universal seems a lot more than the increase in disney tickets. we paid £145 for universal tickets for this feb/march but we had to cancel that holiday, these are now on sites for next year (2 park ticket) for £229
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
The pound could rise back to $1.50 but I bet the tickets won't drop back to £329!
And pigs might fly!
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Am I alone in thinking that £400 for 2 weeks unlimited Disney is rather good value compared to £900 for a couple of flights?
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
Am I alone in thinking that £400 for 2 weeks unlimited Disney is rather good value compared to £900 for a couple of flights?
Yes I think you would be it's a rip off plain and simple one of there parks is half closed and I think they have added one new ride since 2010 when we first went and payed £190 for the same tickets!

Edited at 08:55 PM.
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
Yes, I think you are on your own with that view!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread