Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
There has been massive threads on here recently about poor service, poor cast members , dirty rooms, dirty parks, price increases , charging for ridiculous things , monorail and transport problems, poor dining , losing the Disney magic. It's not just this site it's many American sites as well.
If there is one thing I've learned over the last few years it's that people like to complain on the internet. I call it the "Tripadvisor syndrome" - if you took the comments on there seriously then you'd never stay at a hotel ever again.

Tens of millions of people visit Disney every year. Over 99% of those people will have a good experience at Disney. Yes, there will be some people who have had a bad experience and the numbers of those people may be increasing. But don't mistake those views as being representative of the silent majority.

Just to offer our own view, we visited WDW last year, stayed onsite and we had a great time. The parks were as clean as always, service was great, cast members were great, we didn't pay for the optional extras, didn't notice any major transport problems, QSDP dining was brilliant. The only thing I'd say was that the parks - especially MK - were busier than we'd like (i.e. the parks are too popular). So if a few less people visit in the future then that will actually be a benefit IMO.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

Couldn't agree more Nimbus. We do live in a complaining society unfortunately and I think Americans in particular. I can only go on personal experience and like you, this had always been excellent. Nearly too busy as you say!
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can only comment on what's posted on here by dibb members and the dis boards. People come on here and have complained over the last 6 months more and more.
Personally as I said before I think universal tickets are good value ( £15 a day) ( read my 2 no post on this thread ) You don't need a hotel stay ( which is pricey but it's a choice) . Our Rpr stay last time was diabolical but we are returning to hard rock so it's not put me off completely.
Yes it's expensive when you want to do both especially at the moment but it's never ever been a cheap holiday. You know when you book it but tickets seem to be a major complaint at the moment.
I only mentioned Disney because people are moving from Disney to universal more and more hence why I don't think there will be a price drop. Why would Nigerian price drop when they are investing heavily in the parks ?
I never said I was disgruntled with Disney at all. Just pointing out the dibb members.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Syjen
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I am following this with interest as we need Universal tickets, but haven't bought them yet, as Disney is a must do for us and Universal isn't. Would be good if we could get them a bit cheaper.

We're exactly the same, we couldn't visit without doing Disney, but haven't been to Universal since our 2nd trip back in 2007. I agree with other posts that £15 per day is a fantastic price, but if you're only wanting to spend a couple of days in Universal we're looking at over £800 for 4 people
Syjen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Syjen View Post
We're exactly the same, we couldn't visit without doing Disney, but haven't been to Universal since our 2nd trip back in 2007. I agree with other posts that £15 per day is a fantastic price, but if you're only wanting to spend a couple of days in Universal we're looking at over £800 for 4 people
You could buy the Universal 2 Day Base or Park to Park ticket. Still expensive but a bit cheaper than the 14 day ticket.

2 Day Base ticket cost £157.60 adult, £148.80 child.

2 Day Park to Park ticket cost £185.60 adult, £177.60 child.

If you wanted to ride the Hogwarts Express you will need the Park to Park ticket.

orlandoattractions/ti...ay-base-ticket

orlandoattractions/ti...-hopper-ticket
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Thanks Lyn1 I'll look into those tickets. Compared to the amount of days we will spend in Disney and the 2 we are planning at Universal, the Universal ones are, for us, really expensive.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Thanks Lyn1 I'll look into those tickets. Compared to the amount of days we will spend in Disney and the 2 we are planning at Universal, the Universal ones are, for us, really expensive.
You're welcome

I agree with you about it being expensive, I have said on another thread that this will probably be my last year.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

i am not sure if this is of any help but Orlandoattractions.com have the 14 day Universal tickets for £216 each.
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Am bookmarking this thread to keep an eye on ticket prices. We have booked today to revisit and stay at Universal rather than Disney. For me, someone who has visited WDW many times since 1995, the attitude of Disney staff has changed dramatically from one of wanting to do anything to help to an attitude of disinterest unless I was parting with cash. I will still visit MK and EPCOT when we go. I'm guessing we will have to get the Magic Your Way tickets and any recommendations for a reliable site to buy these from would be appreciated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VALM View Post
I'm guessing we will have to get the Magic Your Way tickets and any recommendations for a reliable site to buy these from would be appreciated.
Try the three sites below to compare prices.

orlandoattractions/ti...sney-Worldwide

undercovertourist.com

Also from the Disney US site. Go on disneyworld.com, at the top of the page you will see English [ UK & Ireland ] click on this and change it to English [ USA ]. I would have put a link but it always seems to fail.

Edited at 04:16 AM.