Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 24 Dec 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

All shopping was delivered so very happy not to be joining any of these queues that seem to be everywhere!
Managed to get everything as well, mainly thanks to my amazing veg delivery company! Asda couldn't deliver potatoes but my veg delivery did!
Turkey arrived yesterday from Costco, its huge but will chop off the legs and freeze those then will send my parents home with some tomorrow!
Actually looking forward to having Christmas as home with just my parents (yes we are tier 3!) As we normally go to the in laws where there are 18 of us!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

All shopping was delivered so very happy not to be joining any of these queues that seem to be everywhere!
Managed to get everything as well, mainly thanks to my amazing veg delivery company! Asda couldn't deliver potatoes but my veg delivery did!
Turkey arrived yesterday from Costco, its huge but will chop off the legs and freeze those then will send my parents home with some tomorrow!
Actually looking forward to having Christmas as home with just my parents (yes we are tier 3!) As we normally go to the in laws where there are 18 of us!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy Christmas Eve. Highlight for me is BBC Radio 4 at 3pm - Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

All presents are wrapped. I’m about to go and deliver a Christmas parcel to my father in law and then I need to collect a large stone planter from my mothers house before the house sale completes ( needs to be Christmas Eve! Wicked POA/ sister has insisted that is the only time we are allowed to collect it!)
After that I just need to finish making a dessert and prep the veg and set out the dining room. DH is on call today and tomorrow but I will be enjoying an afternoon Christmas Eve drink!
Old 24 Dec 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’ve cleaned all the house and bathrooms, changed all the beds, going out for tea to the pub at 5pm then I’ll prep the veg tonight.

I finished work yesterday and has a few cocktails yesterday early evening so feeling a bit delicate today!

My 9 year old is bouncing off the ceiling he’s so excited! Can’t wait to see their faces now x
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Tidied around... can’t have Santa stopping off at a messy house, I’ve done a bit of ironing cos I’m working Sunday and refuse to get iron out over Christmas and needed my work uniform doing so did a few more bits, turkeys on side defrosting, lit some Christmas candles and just watched Santa Claus the movie... getting chrimbo jammies sorted for later and we are having a curry.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just waiting for the carols from the kings and I’ll prep everything for tomorrow
Actually got the house to myself bliss DH at the gym DS and Gds out with the dogs and the others doing their own thing
We are having a buffet tea stuff left over from DILs cake afternoon tea delivery service
She’s had 25 order go out today last pick up at 2pm then she’s doing no more till next
Wednesday
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Just had a piggie in blanket bap, going over to my mums soon. Luckily no where i have been has been busy. Asda had loads of veg and potatoes but no parsnips, we managed to get some at local small co-op. Also been to M&s to get otder, again very empty, all very strange, but i expect everyone went out earlier in the week.

Hope everyone has a nice Christmas, may not be what we expected or used to, but looking forward to it all the same. X
Old 24 Dec 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We got up early and went for a walk to watch the sunrise.

House all tidied yesterday so we are sat watching Christmas movies, eating nibbles and drinking festive drinks.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

After completing my wrapping yesterday, I’ve been damp wiping the carpet around the skirting boards downstairs, hallway & up the stairs themselves as my G-tech handheld vacuum stopped working a few weeks ago (out of warranty) and it really needed doing. So i’ve been doing that and this morning cooked 24 Yorkshire puddings + made a sage & onion/sausagemeat loaf for tomorrow. Everything is now sorted and I can relax!
Just opened our family ‘Secret Santa’ and kids have also opened their new PJ’s/onesies, so excitement is ratcheting up!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List