Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 May 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report day 15

Tuesday 17th July

Index is here

Last full day 😂 Dinosaur attacks and alien abductions

So you’d think we’d be up early and away into the parks, nope! We sauntered along to club level just before 10am. We were well and truly on Florida time.

Ds was still loving the pancake machine, to be fair we continuously wound him up about hogging the machine but it wasn’t that speedy and he liked to make them for Dh too. I’d never have let him hog it in reality.

I took some photos of the pastries on offer too. I thought they had a really good selection even though I liked to stick to my everything bagels. I really should have taken these photos nearer the start of the breakfast service rather than at the end when everything was running low.

Ds and Dh stopped off for a quick game of table service as we passed the poolside on our way to the parks.

We walked into IOA and reactivated the mug, we headed towards Suess Landings again as Ds was still not feeling like he wanted to do any of the big rides in Marvel Superhero Island.
There was a photographer at the entrance to Suess Landings, she was lovely and one that we had seen a few times so we stopped for a photo and a chat.

Cat and the Hat and Thing 1&2 were out were no line so of course I stopped for a photo.

Next up Sam I Am, Green Eggs and Ham is my favourite Dr Suess book so I had to stop again.

We had a wander around Honeydukes to get some air conditioning and more importantly some peppermint toads.

Our aim was the raptor encounter. Like the previous day the line was about 20 minutes. This was so much fun, the team members were great and took loads of photos and some video on my phone.

We grabbed a juice refill and stopped off at our favourite viewing point at the front of the park.

We stopped off at the Bula bar by the pool for lunch.
Dh had an Angry Orchard and a Korean bbq brisket burger. He said it was great. It was also massive.

Ds had chicken quesadillas and a pina colada smoothie. He and dh shared their food.

I had a pina colada smoothie and an Asian chicken salad which was really tasty.

A bit pricey overall but service was added so no need to leave an additional tip.

After some packing and lounging around we headed to club level for some wine and cheese, our now daily staple…

We headed out to the studios to do Gringotts, however, it was mental, 70-minute wait and express pass line all the way out the door so we didn’t bother.

I was keen to find a set of foldable Harry Potter notelets which I knew I could get postmarked for my class, as our first topic is a book study of Harry Potter (coincidently not chosen by me, honest&#128514 I knew I’d seen them somewhere, but I couldn’t find them at all in Diagon Alley.

We were happy to ride the Hogwarts Express and I did find what I was looking for in Hogsmeade and the lovely team member stamped them for me. I might have also treated myself to a Danielle Nicole Gryffindor clutch.

Hogwarts was looking wonderfully atmospheric again, we did Forbidden Journey and left the parks for the night and walked across to City Walk.

Ds and Dh are very competitive so they were eager to try the mini golf. I’d read trip reports where it looked really good so I was keen, even though I am not great at it.

We decided on the Alien Invasion course, it was fab, it is amazing how they have fitted in the 2 courses. I was last of course and I’m pretty sure while trying to hit the ball up a staircase at some point I pelted it so hard (I only have 2 forces – too light and hard enough to exit the atmosphere) that it actually left the park and I had to do the walk of shame for a new ball. We had great fun though and uncovered all the clue things to get money off for next time. I think these golf courses would not be as good in the daylight.

By the time we done we were starving so we thought about Red Oven but it was really busy as the parks had closed. We decided a sit down place might be better and ended up trying Vivos Italian kitchen, wow! (writing this report I’m finding it hard to think why we’ve not been back here yet!)

There was a wait for a table but I gave my number and they texted about 10 minutes later. It was pretty late, nearly 11pm by the time we were ordering but Ds was wide awake and the golf must have worked up an appetite as there was not a single complaint.

I had a glass of Pinot Grigio, Dh had Peroni and ds had Fanta.

We had some Italian bread.

Ds ordered the kids shrimp skewers and asked to give the asparagus a miss and have fries which he then got smothered in freshly grated parmesan, this had him grinning from ear to ear. He liked his meal and also enjoyed the bits that he had of ours.

Dh had the chicken pasta Alfredo which he enjoyed.

I had the bucatini pasta with shrimp, pancetta, pepper and Parmesan, I’m fussy with my Italian food, this was outstanding!

Dh says I’m a food snob, I’m not, anyone else who has dieted may agree with me, if you are going to consume lots of calories you want what you are eating to be satisfying and delicious otherwise it’s a waste.

Not too crazy a price, I’d say it was amazing food and we had good service. Perfect last night meal.

We got the boat back to RPR around midnight and Ds was still smiling (maybe it was the radioactive Fanta, Lol).

Steps:21k
Highlights: We all agreed the golf was our highlight today.
Old 1 May 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Everything bagels are just awesome! There really were a lot of pastries on offer.

Your raptor encounter looks brilliant! Lovely pics.

Love the Bula Bar, have had some delicious cocktails from there. Your salad looks delicious!

Mini golf looks fun, it must be much cooler to play in the evening too. Vivos Italian looks like great value and really tasty too, I’m with you, I hate wasting calories on terrible food.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Your pasta looks amazing!

Love a HP purchase too !
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice looking evening meal

Joan
Old 4 May 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Everything bagels are just awesome! There really were a lot of pastries on offer.

Your raptor encounter looks brilliant! Lovely pics.

Love the Bula Bar, have had some delicious cocktails from there. Your salad looks delicious!

Mini golf looks fun, it must be much cooler to play in the evening too. Vivos Italian looks like great value and really tasty too, I’m with you, I hate wasting calories on terrible food.
The raptor encounter was so much fun - we really need to do that again. Have you done it?

Mini golf and late dinner at Vivos was a great way to end the holiday.

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Your pasta looks amazing!

Love a HP purchase too !
It was so good, I’d forgotten how good, Vivos is totally back on my list for February now.

You could buy so much HP stuff, I wish they’d stock more of the Alex and Ani bracelets rather than just 1 or 2.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Nice looking evening meal

Joan
Thanks Joan, it was really good, typing this up I realised we hardly did a dinner at Universal.
Old 4 May 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I've loved having another trip report to read! Thank you for writing it up
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
I've loved having another trip report to read! Thank you for writing it up
Aww thanks for reading. Shame it couldn’t be a current one.