Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Jun 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Most have come with a 3rd row of seats which we have down for airport runs. But in the past the youngest would like to sit on the 3rd row for novelty reasons. Plenty of room I would say.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Well I timed that badly - they want £459 extra to go up from mid sized to standard so that ain’t happening!

As it’s only an issue for the airport segment does anyone know if with virgin you can collect the car the following day at Disney?

Tempted to sort a transfer out
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Collect the car and if you need it one of you could get an uber/lyft
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Well the baby is now here, and we definitely need a bigger car if doing the airport run

Has anyone experience of collecting from the transport centre instead of from the airport? Playing with options considering how much more it is to upgrade
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
alvin_purple
Very Serious Dibber

Transport centre is supper easy and could save you a day's rental. Take the Disney bus to your hotel from the airport and go collect the car the next morning. Reception will book a free shuttle transfer for you (assuming you're onsite) just need to tip the driver a few dollars.
I know the Disney airport bus isn't free anymore but saving a days rental should off set this cost.
alvin_purple is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We normally rent a standard SUV via Alamo and in the past we have had a Hyndai Santa Fe, Ford Explorer and Jeep Gran Cherokee (although I think that may have been an upgrade). All have had 3rd row seats which if you don’t use, means a very large boot. This has been plenty big enough for 4 of us and our luggage, especially coming back when we normally have a couple of extra suitcases (so 6 in total!).
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
We normally rent a standard SUV via Alamo and in the past we have had a Hyndai Santa Fe, Ford Explorer and Jeep Gran Cherokee (although I think that may have been an upgrade). All have had 3rd row seats which if you don’t use, means a very large boot. This has been plenty big enough for 4 of us and our luggage, especially coming back when we normally have a couple of extra suitcases (so 6 in total!).
Are the Santa Fe and Explorer not Full Size SUVs? I thought the Tucson and Escape were the Standard SUVs from hyundai and Ford.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Are the Santa Fe and Explorer not Full Size SUVs? I thought the Tucson and Escape were the Standard SUVs from hyundai and Ford.
Gone back through our receipts and this is what we booked and what we actually got from MCO on our last three trips:

2016 -booked a standard SUV with Virgin/Alamo. Receipt said Toyota RAV4 or similar, got a Hyundai Santa Fe (7 seater). I remember because there was nothing but Santa Fe’s in our our row when we arrived!

2018 - booked a standard SUV direct with Alamo. Receipt said Ford Edge or similar. We got the Explorer as it had 7 seats and was cavernous.

2019 we booked a standard SUV with Virgin/Alamo. Receipt said Hyundai Sante Fe or similar. When we got there, they only had people carriers, no SUVs in our row. We kicked up a bit of a fuss and they eventually brought us the Jeep Grand Cherokee (or as my husband called it: the Cherryookee )

For our upcoming August trip, we have booked an intermediate SUV with Virgin due to costs. Our receipt says Nissan Rogue or similar. We’re expecting a smaller SUV than we’ve had in the past but will be interesting to see what we actually get.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Yep I have Rogue or similar on ours but I can’t justify the extra cost just for the airport runs

I’ll contact them about changing to pick up from the transport centre maybe just so we don’t have to travel from the airport separately with 3 tired kids