Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 17 Jul 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
My wife is currently inside Walmart on Old Lake Wilson Rd. It’s no longer 24 hours opening and closes at 11pm nowadays presumably to do with covid.

It took me more than 10 minutes to get out of the car park when I dropped her off around 90 minutes ago so busy was it and she asked me to pick her up at 11pm when it closes.

She’s just called and said the queues for each check out stretch so far up the aisles that she will call me again when she’s first in line and I should expect that to be at around midnight.

Apparently shopping at Walmart is not as enjoyable as it used to be.
Steve

Hope you found your way out of that lousy car park OK? Who designed that traffic management?

I quickly learnt to use the northern exit traffic light which allows you to turn left on to NOLWR easier. Cagan Crossings still nearer for us though.

Mick
Old 17 Jul 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It seems most Walmart’s we’re only open to 8pm until the middle of last month when they extended it to 11pm
I know our 2 local ones ar now 11pm
I avoid that Walmart at all costs car park is a night mare and it’s always so busy
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
andylad
Very Serious Dibber

candy,candy and more candy.

andylad
andylad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

My wife is currently inside Walmart on Old Lake Wilson Rd. It’s no longer 24 hours opening and closes at 11pm nowadays presumably to do with covid.

It took me more than 10 minutes to get out of the car park when I dropped her off around 90 minutes ago so busy was it and she asked me to pick her up at 11pm when it closes.

She’s just called and said the queues for each check out stretch so far up the aisles that she will call me again when she’s first in line and I should expect that to be at around midnight.

Are you on holiday, Steve? Walmart will probably be like this for the foreseeable: as previously mentioned they stopped 24 hour openings due to covid. They've extended closing times at the larger stores to 10/11pm.

We used to shop at Walmart at all kinds of hours: on previous visits, after we checked out our villa, we had a nap, woke at 2am, felt wide awake, then headed to Walmart, got there around 3am expecting it to be quiet, it was fairly busy, the tills were OK tho; there were people in there with kids! We've often stopped by Walmart on the way back from a day out or evening meal, usually around midnight - it was great to be able to go whenever.

Those Walmart cashiers work very hard, and most are very pleasant and helpful - I used to feel guilty that they packed the bags, so I always insisted we do it, especially as we always filled the trolley, mostly with goodies. Hope the staff are not losing out financially.

Hope you're having a good time. 😊
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by bella9 View Post
Are you on holiday, Steve? Walmart will probably be like this for the foreseeable: as previously mentioned they stopped 24 hour openings due to covid. They've extended closing times at the larger stores to 10/11pm.

We used to shop at Walmart at all kinds of hours: on previous visits, after we checked out our villa, we had a nap, woke at 2am, felt wide awake, then headed to Walmart, got there around 3am expecting it to be quiet, it was fairly busy, the tills were OK tho; there were people in there with kids! We've often stopped by Walmart on the way back from a day out or evening meal, usually around midnight - it was great to be able to go whenever.

Those Walmart cashiers work very hard, and most are very pleasant and helpful - I used to feel guilty that they packed the bags, so I always insisted we do it, especially as we always filled the trolley, mostly with goodies. Hope the staff are not losing out financially.

Hope you're having a good time. 😊
Yes he is. He's the first Dibber to have reported using the recently reinstated Visitor Toll Pass.

Mick
Old 17 Jul 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

This makes me sad 😞
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

My mother in law stocks up on Equate medications and zip-loc bags which seem to be hard to get there in the UK? Then she wants us to take her to Krispy Kreme.
Seems weird to look forward to shopping at Walmart, but I guess if it's in your face every day like me, it's different.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
My mother in law stocks up on Equate medications and zip-loc bags which seem to be hard to get there in the UK? Then she wants us to take her to Krispy Kreme.
Seems weird to look forward to shopping at Walmart, but I guess if it's in your face every day like me, it's different.
M

In the UK we're limited to purchasing only two small packs of paracetamol (acetaminopen) or ibuprofen. In the USA we can buy a bottle of 5,000.

Mick
Old 17 Jul 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
M

In the UK we're limited to purchasing only two small packs of paracetamol (acetaminopen) or ibuprofen. In the USA we can buy a bottle of 5,000.

Mick
Oh wow! I didn't know that, Mick. It all makes sense now.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

My wife managed to make it out of there having queued for a mere 45 minutes so a little better than expected. She said tempers were very fraught with plenty of people complaining and even arguing and the feeling being that Walmart were using COVID as an excuse to squeeze more customer in over drastically reduced hours. It’s hard to argue with that as I’ve been in plenty of times after midnight in the past and every checkout has been open with queues.

This particular Walmart was a godsend for me when it opened as it’s only 5 minutes from our holiday home and means I can drop my wife off and return here whereas the longer trip to Cagan Crossings meant I would tend to go in with her…and regret it.

She didn’t buy any Tide this time so I’ve just checked the laundry cupboard…

SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List