Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 May 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Posner Park update

More new building going on hopefully for me the new Hobby Lobby store
Five guys are also looking at an option as are a couple of more restaurants hopefully something that’s not just fast food
Target are still fighting about another grocery store as are fresh market ( one of our favourite supermarkets) Target at PP is absolutely rubbish for food shopping
Oh and a new philly cheese steak place has opened up at St Charles Plazza where Publix and our favorite Chinese take out is located Hawaii 50 meal is on our list next visit from there. A must if you like sea food it’s amazing and huge portions but you can customise it if you want
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Definitely room for another supermarket at Posner Park. I was already thinking how rubbish that Target is for food before I read your comment. The number of apartments being built in the middle is shocking. I didnt see any signs of Hobby Lobby recently but most things go up pretty fast here.
Old 16 May 21, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Donna I hate target at Posner for food only use it if I arrive very late and that’s just for milk / water and dare I say wine and ice tea I can survive if I can get a cup of tea at
Stupid o’clock first morning
Donna 5000 single family occupied homes between apartments town houses and villas between PP and Winter Haven have been approved as well as 2 over 55 community’s that will have assisted living and full care and a new assisted living community for young adults is in negotiation butvas you know that could be years till it gets a permit
PP would be a great location for that kind of facility
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

The assisted living for young adults would be a great addition. My 18 year old would be a definite candidate in future. I don't think she will ever be completely independent. I am horrified by the thought of that many new homes though. The traffic on that part of I4 and the surrounding area is already terrible for much of the day.
Old 16 May 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ladies

Thanks for the PP update.

We're regular visitors - usually after visiting Bobs or Cracker Barrel on Danson. Naturally looking forward to our first visit to B&BW (only postponed three times )

We regularly visit Target at Rolling Oaks but recall popping into PP one once and wondering where the food was.

Still have everything crossed for turkey at Bobs on 25th November.

Mick
Old 16 May 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

I can never make posner out, such a big space for not that many good shops, they need to get some more big names in there as I would rather go there than all the way towards Lake Buena Vista or the Florida Mall.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LIZH View Post
I can never make posner out, such a big space for not that many good shops, they need to get some more big names in there as I would rather go there than all the way towards Lake Buena Vista or the Florida Mall.
When was the last time you saw it? I think you are in for a shock on your next visit. It is still a plaza style shopping center and will never be like the Florida Mall but it has grown enormously in the last 2 years and is very busy. We were actually there this afternoon. The drive thru line at Starbucks must have been 20 cars long. It will also never have the same designer shops as the outlets as it is aimed at locals not tourists.

My daughter's managed to spend $100 in the book store. It is one of the few left in Orlando and it was nice to see it fairly busy.
Old 17 May 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Don’t suppose you took any photos, really interested to see it now. We were last there December 2019, and the building work was just taking off.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
Don’t suppose you took any photos, really interested to see it now. We were last there December 2019, and the building work was just taking off.
No, I was driving and my daughter's would have thought I had lost my mind if I asked them to. Will try to remember next time I go.
Old 18 May 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Hahahaha, thank you, you can blame me with your daughter, tell her it’s a mad dibber.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List