Notices

View Poll Results: What will Disney bring back next?
Fast Pass 36 38.30%
Fireworks 40 42.55%
Dining Plan 6 6.38%
Parades 12 12.77%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 May 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Now Disney have dropped mask requirements outdoors, what do you think will be next?

Now that Disney have dropped the requirement for masks outside, what do you think they will return to normality next? 🤔
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

i went for fireworks, but suspect they might review indoor mask wearing before introducing anything else. I could however be completely wrong... !
Old 16 May 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

I think fast passes to manage crowds as capacity increases.
DH is still hoping they will reinstate the dining plan before our trip, because he'd prefer to pay up front for our food rather than thinking about the cost while we're there.
I guess there is a possibility of it returning as they reopen more restaurants and increase capacity.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'd like it to be fast pass that comes back soon. From what I've seen on vlogs the pop up parades actually seem to be really fun, so I kind of hope they keep those unscheduled parades and avoid going back to the formal ones for a little longer as I'd like to see the current mini ones.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

All of them I hope! The one thing I don't ever enjoy (or even understand) is the parades - I quite enjoy watching them but I will not bag a spot over an hour before hand for it. I hate the way the park is jammed and you cant move freely, so if pop ups are proving better and equally as popular I'm all for them.

I also think fireworks will be soon - they're outside, they split up visitors (some go early leave early, or go late stay late).
babbymint is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Probably fireworks next. I don’t see the Dining Plan returning until they increase the number of cast members, my guess is late July/August.
It seems recruitment is a big issue in Florida, some restaurants are reportedly offering up to $1000 signing on bonuses to try and attract staff.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I think it'll be park capacity & fast passes next, to deal with the extra capacity.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Fast pass - with park capacity increasing they'll have to do something to mitigate the increased wait times.

Also they shouldn't need to use the fast pass queue for social distancing now that has been reduced
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jonsgirl80 View Post
Also they shouldn't need to use the fast pass queue for social distancing now that has been reduced
It’s still 3 foot so that will take a fair amount of space
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I think the current CDC advice is to avoid large outdoor crowds so I don't think fireworks are coming back soon. The Cavalcades are pretty good becuse they are random so crowds don't build up. I hope they continue daily in preference to the parades. Parades are great to watch but a real faff.

I don't think the dining plan is going to come back until they are at full capacity.

What I want to see back is Fast Pass and that might happen if they want better control over capacity. I'm rather surprised that Disney did not take the opportunity to extend timed rides when they could try it out with lower crowds and tighten their vice-like grip over spending. Maybe even Walt thought that would be a step to far.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List