Netflix 111 84.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jun 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
For you guys saying you have to pay for a lot on prime, you can select to be shown only shows and films free to me. Honestly once you use prime tv properly you’ll realise how much superior it is to Netflix!

Ps I am no way affiliated with Amazon 🤣
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
For you guys saying you have to pay for a lot on prime, you can select to be shown only shows and films free to me. Honestly once you use prime tv properly you’ll realise how much superior it is to Netflix!

Ps I am no way affiliated with Amazon 🤣
Oh please tell me how to do this?!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Amazon - bought for the fast shipping, stayed for the photo backup. Only really started using the video part when started working from home in January - got me through some really tedious work days, but I struggle to find things I want to watch - 12 seasons of Bones was great but struggled to find anything else. Watched all the films of interest (lots don't interest me at all). Still, it's okay for no extra charge, wouldn't pay just for it. I'm now watching a series on All4 for free.

Had a month's trial of Netflix a few years ago (to watch something specific) - couldn't find anything worth watching. Cancelled, then have done 2 more free trials when offered but still not found enough content to pay for. I'm far too tight and have a vast DVD collection of stuff I actually like to watch.

So, not keen on either, but I do pay a fortune for Virgin media (which is also way overpriced and not worth it... so not inclined to keep paying more and more).

#Grouch

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Oh please tell me how to do this?!
Select the "free to me" category. Or in the top left (I think) there's a £ sign if you have to pay for something. I'm not sure - I wouldn't dream of paying yet more for the content...so I only watch free stuff (except on my monthly movie night when the film choice isn't mine)

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It’s in the top corner.

That one is open to show me all content.

This is now on free to me only…

Top right hand corner.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Yeah, but doing that shows how little Amazon has available to Prime members compared to Netflix. Especially when it comes to films.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s some good stuff on Amazon Prime. But it’s not as established as Netflix is; Netflix has been growing its content for nearly 10 years more than Amazon Prime has.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I don’t understand prime music. I’ve got prime for delivery, and when I go on the app to play music it tries to sign my up for an extra £8 a month or something like that, yet when I click “no thanks” I’m still able to play music. What’s it trying to charge me for?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I don’t understand prime music. I’ve got prime for delivery, and when I go on the app to play music it tries to sign my up for an extra £8 a month or something like that, yet when I click “no thanks” I’m still able to play music. What’s it trying to charge me for?
There's a limited music service (around 2 million songs to chose from) that's included with a Prime account, but you can also pay for a service which has a much wider range of music available (around 60 million songs to chose from), similar to the other main music string services. We have a Prime music subscription as most of what we want to listen to isn't included in the free Prime service.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 03:59 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Just watched the most amazing film/documentary on Amazon.

P!nk: all I know so far.

Was so heartwarming and emotional and just really showed life on the road for an extraordinary family. Well worth watching.
I’ve just watched this on your recommendation.
What an amazing woman and lovely family they came across as - her kids are so cute.
I’ve never had any feelings for her either way, can take or leave her music but wow what an amazing show she puts on flying around the sky spinning upside down!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Just a reminder , if you have Sky you can migrate your existing Netflix across to your Sky bill and pay £5 a month for it instead of Netflix prices.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List