Notices

Old 26 Jun 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
spectrolee
Proud to wear my Ears

Spectrolee - The Fingers Crossed Trip 2022 Pre Trip Report

Or the blind optimism trip.
I know this trip will happen at some point in the future. We're hoping for September 2021, but will be happy whenever it happens.
UPDATE- now booked for March 2022
As we've booked a few DVC accommodations we know these may have to change depending on what date we actually get to travel.

The Cast
Me (Lee)
I'm usually the one that does all the bookings, and the Carol Vorderman of maximising the DVC points!
I am also really bad at finishing trip reports, the last few days never seem to make it onto here. Will try harder this time (if the flights ever depart!)

My daughter Joni
Goes nowhere without her Duffy bear. Loves her grub. Disney movie daft (at the moment she's all about Raya and Luca)
She'll be almost 6 this trip and has made the height requirement for Splash/Thunder Mountain/Slinky Dog Dash etc and is extremely excited to ride these after not being tall enough in 2019.
She is also now a mega Harry Potter fan, so Universal Studios is added to the itinerary this trip.

Gary (my bidie-in as we say in Glasgow)
He loves the madness of Fort Wilderness and the tacky shops on the 192

My sister Eva
Her favourite hobby was making purchases at the pearl factory in Disney Springs. We even keep in touch with Pamela who worked there.
In mourning now it has closed.
UPDATE- Pamela works at the Pearl shop in Universal now - shopping back on plan!

Eva's son Ed
We all took turns the last trip riding Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain with Ed - he absolutely loved them. He also loves the waterparks.

Eva's husband Matt
Loves Star Wars and has avoided every vlog about Galaxy's Edge so that he can enjoy the surprise
He's also delighted that the Pearl Factory has closed ha!
UPDATE - he's now got the fear that there is a Pearl shop in Universal added to the plan, ha!

My mum Isabel
Looking forward to a park day on her own!
She's booked in for the Yoga morning at Magic Kingdom during our holiday.

And last but not least my dad Davie
After 20+ visits he occasionally gets a Disney fact correct haha
He loves nothing more than getting some goofy's candy co pick n mix

The updated for the 3rd time plan

We are now flying with Icelandair on the 25th March 2022
(Previous flights booked and refunded with Aer Lingus and BA were way more expensive for this new date)
Eva has flown with Icelandair before and it was fine, so we are happy to give them a try.
We had some concerns as they had suspended food service in the flights due to COVID, but this is resuming from 2nd March

To save the stress of driving to the airport in the morning we booked 3 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport
It's not a long journey, but it would be at morning rush hour.
The total cost for 8 of us in 3 rooms was £142.47, including breakfast for us all.

We have decided, as we land at 9pm to stay at the airport the first night.
We had originally the booked Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. Can't remember the exact price, but was very reasonable. When we went to re-book the price had rocketed.
We found a great deal at the Wyndham Garden Orlando Airport £236 for 3 rooms.

As we are using DVC points we didn't want to waste them on the first night. Also by the time we get through customs, get bags etc it will be nice just to get the kids into their beds and make an early start in the morning.

After a few changes to our dates we somehow managed to get 3 Copper Creek studios for our first 7 nights.

We then have 3 nights in a 2 bed villa in Animal Kingdom- Kidani Village with a savanna view

We chose Kidani as the 2 bedroom villa has 3 bathrooms.

Unfortunately the pool will be closed, so we'll have to use the one over at AKL.

Looking forward to a morning coffee on the balcony!

We then have 8 nights in a 5 bedroom cottage with small private pool at the Margaritaville Resort.

We have use of all the resort amenities, and we are looking forward to going to the restaurants at Sunset Walk

I've managed to get a Moonlight Magic reservation for us all on 31st March at Epcot - it's from 10pm-1am, so not sure how long we'll all last at this event

Matt won't be going to this event though . . .

as he will be running his 5k that night

Matt is doing 3 Run Disney events
The 5k at Animal Kingdom on 31st March
The 10k at Epcot on 2nd April
The 10 Miler at Hollywood Studios on 3rd April

Eva and I tried to get booked for the 5k but it was sold out - we then had the crazy idea of signing up for the 10k - wish us luck!

Isabel will be doing the Sunrise Yoga on the 31st March too

Think we've got a bit over-excited with the bookings!

spectrolee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 22, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Woo-hoo! Can’t wait for this Lee!

We head out on 4th April for 2 weeks. Not doing Disney, just Universal within our first week so you never know - we may cross paths!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 22, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by spectrolee - 23 Feb 22 4:56 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 22, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
spectrolee
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Woo-hoo! Can’t wait for this Lee!

We head out on 4th April for 2 weeks. Not doing Disney, just Universal within our first week so you never know - we may cross paths!
We’ve got a lot of universal planned from the 4th April - would be lovely to see you!
Hope you’ve got a trip report planned too x
spectrolee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List