Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Not great news is it?

I do like the theory that this should make queues go faster as there should be fewer people in the FP queue - fingers crossed!

I also agree that I don't find FP too vital at DLP - but am very nervous to find out what WDW has got planned!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
disneytouristblog/pa...neyland-paris/

Some interesting stuuff to read on the link ref this charging
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
And we thought Bob Iger was penny pinching!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
darkstar
Looking for my Ears

I don't know what to think if I'm honest, we went to Disneyland Paris back in 2015 and we only used fast pass once for the Indiana Jones rollercoaster. We were queuing for over an hour for some rides but other we practically walked every time.
My main concern is will the US parks follow suit? I'm ankle deep in planning my family's first trip and I'm waiting to hear what will become of fast over there, if it becomes something similar to DLP then we may have to seriously think about if it will be worth it, my husband is already talking about swapping to Universal, even more so since I did a price check and got a quote that was £2900 cheaper than the one I for Disney.
darkstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

ouch. we used to use FPs a lot, we also hate queueing and generally plan our visits accordingly. There is no way in hell we would pay 8+ per person per ride, that is ludicrous IMHO. I also dont think it would change queue times that much, people who have FPs will still need to go somewhere so even with 50/50 loading dropping to 90/10 loading, I still think the queues will equalise at a time people are willing to queue.

Better for us to look further afield.

Edited at 06:51 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I can do all of Universal in 2 days. I csn’t even scratch the surface of WDW in 2 weeks. That’s the difference.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm out.

It's not even the FP premier bit that gets me, some fool wants to pay (a minimum) of 8 euros to get on a ride, that's down to them I guess. It's the other side of it. Making you use an app for standby. It'll make it intolerable!

I always saw FP as being included in the price of entry, not 'free'. If they start charging for it, I'd expect to see a hefty reduction in park ticket prices (yeah right)

And If they do this in WDW too I'll not set foot there either. I'll throw my money at US and Sea World
Old 7 Jul 21, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

This is one of them “marmite” changes for me. I don’t do FP, only time ever used one is when DVC gave us a few free ones when we did the tour with them. Other than that I’m happy to wait in line, have a drink and enjoy my surroundings.
However, if virtual lines become a standard thing all round DLP and WDW then I’m not sure how I’ll feel about that. Anyway, we’ll have to wait and see how it goes.
Old 7 Jul 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Both of which already have a paid FP equivalent - but the difference is, it’s an optional extra. That I could live with.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DLPFan View Post
This is absolutely disappointing, no denying that - although not massively surprising.

I guess this will all come down to how much of a boost the standby line gets with no free fastpass and how many of these paid ones they will allocate.

For example pre-covid a ride like Peter Pan pretty much loaded 50% from standby and 50% from fastpass. So if you remove that fastpass then the standby queue should move twice as fast, making a 60min wait 30min etc.

The demand for these paid passes will be lower than the free version, simply because most people won't be prepared to pay for them, therefore if they only take up say 10% of the capacity of the ride, that still means standby will move 40% faster than it did before.

It will all become clear soon I guess, but it might be that with no free fastpasses the need for any fastpass for most guests will reduce anyway, so it won't be as much of an issue as we might initially fear.

It sure will change how we plan trips though, its certainly all changing.
Very balanced and positive view, thank you. Will keep fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List