Notices

View Poll Results: What's the most you'd pay to queue jump a premium attraction?
Nothing, I'm happy to wait hours 80 38.28%
$2-5 per person per ride 81 38.76%
$10 per person per ride 34 16.27%
$15+ per person per ride 14 6.70%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jul 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I'd pay more, probably £70 a day each for unlimited fastpass just like at Universal... IF the fastpass queues were short like at Universal and you can go on the rides you like as often as you like.

Would not really be interested in paying for one ride fastpass at a time. If I'm paying I want it to really feel like a better deal.
I think the difference is universal has only 2 parks with multiple big rides were as most Disney parks have 3 to 4 big rides would you pay $70 for AK no point.
Old 12 Jul 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
I think the difference is universal has only 2 parks with multiple big rides were as most Disney parks have 3 to 4 big rides would you pay $70 for AK no point.
I would agree with this. Whilst Disney clearly has more parks, the premium rides are more thinly spread.

I would suggest that there are more ‘grade 1’ rides in Universals two parks than in Disney’s four.

A night in a luxury Universal for a family of four costs roughly £340. From this, you subtract the £100 or so that you would have paid to stay elsewhere and this leaves £240.. or £60pp.
You can easily hit every big ride in both Universal parks in a day and many more than once.. and then do it all again the next day. That prices each day at £30pp.

It would be extremely difficult to achieve similar in Disney, given that you would need to park hop and also take into account travelling times between the four parks. £70 ? You are having a giraffe!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:12 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I would agree with this. Whilst Disney clearly has more parks, the premium rides are more thinly spread.

I would suggest that there are more ‘grade 1’ rides in Universals two parks than in Disney’s four.

A night in a luxury Universal for a family of four costs roughly £340. From this, you subtract the £100 or so that you would have paid to stay elsewhere and this leaves £240.. or £60pp.
You can easily hit every big ride in both Universal parks in a day and many more than once.. and then do it all again the next day. That prices each day at £30pp.
Not every big ride is included in the Express pass though is it?

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick View Post
Not every big ride is included in the Express pass though is it?
The new veloci coaster, hagrid and pterodon flyers don't have express access... but everything else does.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

None off your options apply to me as I wouldn't pay for a ride but I wouldn't wait in a que for hours either.

Edited at 06:10 PM.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m a dinosaur and remember the old paper FP’s which we as a family loved.
Then that was replaced by MDE which was less enticing committing yourself to parks way in advance but we made it work.
Now we have a potential new new system, paid for FP’s or whatever name they will use.
Now I always pay for the entire family so that’s 5 adults and two children.
We go to the parks with 14 day tickets. The kiddies are young.
Our next trip all being well is Oct 2022. The kiddies will be 6 and 3 by then so constant lining up for an hour for each ride is not realistic.
We supplemented our rides last time with parades, characters and shows. Who knows whether these will ever come back in their original form.
For the first time ever we have booked a villa rather than staying on property as I think we will just dip in and out of the parks now rather than staying all day. That will possibly be more enticing than spending huge amounts of time in ride queues.
If DCL adopted the Californian max pass system I might pay for a one day pass for all of us for one day, but an extra cost per ride for each ride no, and it would depend on what would be classified as headliners.
To be honest I’m anticipating that rather than being able to enjoy yearly WDW trips like my children did this might be a one and done.
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Rip off Disney again.
But I have noticed the younger generation think nothing of putting their hands in their pockets for whatever they need even if they can't really afford it.
It's s generation thing which many companies have jumped on. The youth are happy to pay anything to get something. The world so quick they won't wait.
Same as paying over the top for houses and cars.
Our generation( I'm sounding like my parents now&#128557 where prepared to wait and find a bargain if we could. That's not the case with the millenniums.
So you can't blame Disney when they know it will work.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Happily pay for a couple of the rides .$10 each

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Have Universal ever offered a similar version of fast pass for free? I think that's what bothers me, that Disney did it for free and now they're charging whereas Universal (as far as I remember) have always had a fee, it doesnt bother me at all that they have it but it annoys me alot that disney have changed and there would be a charge for something that was previously free.

Would I pay for rides- not a chance, it takes us yeeeeeears to save for a holiday to Florida and there's no way we could afford that much extra on top. Neither would I wait hours for a ride, we just wouldn't go to Disney!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
Have Universal ever offered a similar version of fast pass for free? I think that's what bothers me, that Disney did it for free and now they're charging whereas Universal (as far as I remember) have always had a fee, it doesnt bother me at all that they have it but it annoys me alot that disney have changed and there would be a charge for something that was previously free.

Would I pay for rides- not a chance, it takes us yeeeeeears to save for a holiday to Florida and there's no way we could afford that much extra on top. Neither would I wait hours for a ride, we just wouldn't go to Disney!
Yes you could pick up free express passes for a ride at Universal, just like the paper fastpasses at Disney ... until about 2004/5 if I remember right.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List