Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ALuk
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Couldn't disagree more. Lorry drivers hit service stations and large distribution centres. Absolute minefields for mass spread.
we will have to agree to disagree.

Thankfully a lot of research says while the South African variant might escape protection again infection it is still highly effective against hospitalisation and death
Well, you can disagree all you want, it's science at the end of the day.
All lorry drivers go through a strict testing regime otherwise the companies they work for get fined.

Less can be said by our track and trace system which is awful.

Anyway, one thing we can agree on, lets hope it all clears up soon, people take their vaccine and we can all go on holiday again!
ALuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ALuk View Post
Well, you can disagree all you want, it's science at the end of the day.
All lorry drivers go through a strict testing regime otherwise the companies they work for get fined.

Less can be said by our track and trace system which is awful.

Anyway, one thing we can agree on, lets hope it all clears up soon, people take their vaccine and we can all go on holiday again!
Its science - science has nothing to do with it

Everyone was being tested coming from India and look what happened.

You can't stop variants - no country has successfully done it. Delta is in Australia for example. If they couldn't do it - the concept we can with France is a joke.

Anyway this post was about informing people of the current status. I am done arguing about covid with people who have the wool over their eyes and can't agree to disagree

Edited at 10:22 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ALuk
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Its science - science has nothing to do with it

Everyone was being tested coming from India and look what happened.

You can't stop variants - no country has successfully done it. Delta is in Australia for example. If they couldn't do it - the concept we can with France is a joke.

Anyway this post was about informing people of the current status. I am done arguing about covid with people who have the wool over their eyes and can't agree to disagree
I'm really sorry, I don't like arguing (esp. on a Disney forum), but this is important.
I've seen many comments from people about COVID which are just frankly wrong but then they say 'well, let's agree to disagree!' - science doesn't work like that, we need to go on the facts.

Some people in the media keep going on about Australia. Sure, the Delta variant is in Australia and rising, but their daily COVID cases are below 150 a day. 150!
In the UK, we have the most daily cases IN THE WORLD!
And that is because we didn't put India on the Red List until very late, despite being told to put it on the Red List earlier. That's why we are in this position.

It's important because the more cases you get the more chances there are to make a variant - and variants are bad because it's only a matter of time before one of them escapes the vaccine - that's how these things work, they are very clever!

Ideally, before countries start opening up they need 85%+ double vaccinated before we start opening up - that will help us stop variants. In England we are at about 68%.
Thats why people are worried about the gov current unlocking in England. At least Wales and Scotland are doing it a bit more cautiously...

I really do hate that this is causing people to cancel holidays (including mine!) but we need to do it to try and get out of this mess sooner rather than later.
ALuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I

It's important because the more cases you get the more chances there are to make a variant - and variants are bad because it's only a matter of time before one of them escapes the vaccine - that's how these things work, they are very clever!
I seen many scientists, and in particular the ones who developed the vaccine, say that the chances of a variant coming along that completely evades the vaccine are extremely unlikely and a variant that managed to change itself that much would in all probability makes itself ineffective. In reality, vaccine evasion is something that will more likely happen on a sliding scale over time and will be managed with adjustments to the vaccine.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I'm fuming over this, the South African variant is prevalent in Reunion Island, a French territory 6000 miles away from France, in the Indian ocean!

In France that's just 3.5% of cases, and falling (as less infectious than the Delta variant).

And France has 5000 new cases a day, against 50,000 here!

I'm due to visit my family in Bordeaux in August the first time since December 2019, am fully vaccinated, and now this?! I'm losing hope this will ever end.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I'm fuming over this, the South African variant is prevalent in Reunion Island, a French territory 6000 miles away from France, in the Indian ocean!

In France that's just 3.5% of cases, and falling (as less infectious than the Delta variant).

And France has 5000 new cases a day, against 50,000 here!

I'm due to visit my family in Bordeaux in August the first time since December 2019, am fully vaccinated, and now this?! I'm losing hope this will ever end.
Plus France require anyone visiting a theme park, restaurant etc to be fully vaccinated and are now allowing vaccinated Brits in without a test.

I'm fed up because our DLP trip will need to be moved again - I can't imagine how frustrating it must be if you're waiting to see family.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
I seen many scientists, and in particular the ones who developed the vaccine, say that the chances of a variant coming along that completely evades the vaccine are extremely unlikely and a variant that managed to change itself that much would in all probability makes itself ineffective. In reality, vaccine evasion is something that will more likely happen on a sliding scale over time and will be managed with adjustments to the vaccine.
This is entirely correct. The lady behind the AZ vaccine actually said this week she doesn't think there will be a variant that escapes the vaccines. Confidence is only growing in this area.

dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I'm really sorry, I don't like arguing (esp. on a Disney forum), but this is important.
I've seen many comments from people about COVID which are just frankly wrong but then they say 'well, let's agree to disagree!' - science doesn't work like that, we need to go on the facts.
The problem is nothing you have said is scientific or factual (hint - you are talking to an actual scientist lol). But in terms of covid people bang on and won't conceded their incorrect view points, so arguing in a circle with them becomes fruitless and more to do with "last comment wins".

And on that basis I will advise you go do a bit more research and wish you a good day

Edited at 11:39 PM.
Old 18 Jul 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyxxSarah
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I believe the gov have said in the past that lorry drivers are very low risk as they travel alone with little interaction with others. It's more holiday makers that are the issue.
Old 21 Jul 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by DisneyxxSarah View Post
I believe the gov have said in the past that lorry drivers are very low risk as they travel alone with little interaction with others. It's more holiday makers that are the issue.
Precisely , yes.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List