Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jul 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Serious Dibber

How do you choose between Villa/on-site?

We are kind of stuck!
We like the idea of the Villa and even have a list of a few we are considering. We haven’t done this option before. I don’t really want to be stuck in traffic a lot if we go during peak season like Christmas.

But I don’t want to rule out on-site until Disney fully reconfirm what benefits will eventually be coming back with staying on-site (like they used to have fastpass booking at 60 days etc)
We usually stay on-site when doing Disney as we do like it, but don’t want to commit to renting dvc points yet.
If we do universal etc it’s usually Rosen inn at pointe as we love the location on I drive etc

We are a family of 6 now. But don’t mind staying in a dvc studio type room for the Disney part anyway if it’s worth doing so.

We just can’t decide which we will enjoy most.
How do others decide?
(We want to do Disney, I’m universal and DC) possibly over the Christmas period if not Earl December depending on time off).
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer! View Post
How do others decide?
I look at the traffic queuing to get into MK parking as we exit our resort during Xmas week and vow never to have to queue in it myself

Also, you mention party of six, you wouldn't fit in a dvc studio, you would need a two bed villa.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

A party of six on-site at Christmas is going to be eye wateringly expensive

The suites at the value resorts (two hotel rooms joined together basically) are likely to be the most affordable option.

We’ve always stayed onsite at Christmas but we own DVC and there are only four of us - we couldn’t have afforded it otherwise.

The traffic is unfortunately problematic particularly the peak Xmas / NYE week.
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would agree, the ASMu Family Suite is probably your best on-site option if you want a single room. They're newly renovated and quite nice. Full fridge which is a bonus over the other suites! But two standard rooms at ASMu would be cheaper.

I don't drive which automatically rules out villas for me, plus they're not really my holiday style anyway. I tend to choose on-site over off-site because I like the convenience of the buses and room charging. The rest of the perks didn't really bother me so I'm not concerned they're not available.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I look at the traffic queuing to get into MK parking as we exit our resort during Xmas week and vow never to have to queue in it myself

Also, you mention party of six, you wouldn't fit in a dvc studio, you would need a two bed villa.

Yeah the queues at busy times puts me off a little haha

Ahh we are a family of 2 ad, 3 ch & 1 inf. the lady we spoke to said we would be able to stay in a dvc studio
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
A party of six on-site at Christmas is going to be eye wateringly expensive

The suites at the value resorts (two hotel rooms joined together basically) are likely to be the most affordable option.

We’ve always stayed onsite at Christmas but we own DVC and there are only four of us - we couldn’t have afforded it otherwise.

The traffic is unfortunately problematic particularly the peak Xmas / NYE week.

Yeah, the prices are saddening. I’ve been looking haha
if we are limited to when we can go (depending on days off) christmas seems to be our only option for next year. Either that or we postpone to 2023 and try a different time of year (but kind of want to do Christmas).

It’s a hard one!
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Ahh we are a family of 2 ad, 3 ch & 1 inf. the lady we spoke to said we would be able to stay in a dvc studio
Ahh OK, some studios sleep 5 plus infant - it's going to be cramped though.

These resorts have 5 sleeper studios:-
Beach Club Villas
Boulder Ridge Villas
Boardwalk Villas
Polynesian Villas
Grand Floridian Villas
Riviera
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Yeah, the prices are saddening. I’ve been looking haha
if we are limited to when we can go (depending on days off) christmas seems to be our only option for next year. Either that or we postpone to 2023 and try a different time of year (but kind of want to do Christmas).

It’s a hard one!
How many times have you been before?

Christmas is kind of magical but so crazily busy I would not choose it over other times unless you’ve been a few times already. Four hour queue for some of the popular rides for example!

We’ve done Christmas a few times, probably for the same reason as you - school holidays! But it can be hard to get as much done as you normally would - just moving around the park can take ages. Luckily the really really busy but is only for a week so if you can come out mid December or stay until Jan 5th or so you’d at least get some quieter time

Though with three kids and a baby I think the space of a Villa and bedrooms you can put the children into might be a winner

Out of interest what prices were you being quoted for the studio over Xmas?

Edited at 02:56 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

We are kind of stuck!
We like the idea of the Villa and even have a list of a few we are considering. We haven’t done this option before. I don’t really want to be stuck in traffic a lot if we go during peak season like Christmas.

But I don’t want to rule out on-site until Disney fully reconfirm what benefits will eventually be coming back with staying on-site (like they used to have fastpass booking at 60 days etc)
We usually stay on-site when doing Disney as we do like it, but don’t want to commit to renting dvc points yet.
If we do universal etc it’s usually Rosen inn at pointe as we love the location on I drive etc

We are a family of 6 now. But don’t mind staying in a dvc studio type room for the Disney part anyway if it’s worth doing so.

We just can’t decide which we will enjoy most.
How do others decide?
(We want to do Disney, I’m universal and DC) possibly over the Christmas period if not Earl December depending on time off).
That number of people in a studio must feel very cramped, and presumably if some of the kids are getting older they will want their own space. If is also expensive then my view is you should very much lean towards a villa. Traffic into Disney can of course be busy at peak times but in our experience flows pretty quickly.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have loved our on-site stay when our kids were younger but really struggled with 4 of us on our last trip stuck in one small room.

We stayed in a villa in 2019 and don’t think we will ever stay in a hotel again if we travel as a family. The freedom and space the villa gives is amazing especially with older kids.