Notices

View Poll Results: Florida Escapes - would you buy tickets from them?
Yes 6 27.27%
No 16 72.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Jul 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Florida Escapes - yes or no?

We’ve used Florida Escapes from time to time for tickets but have read a few not so positive reviews here.
They do have a great deal on for Universal tickets for next year. So, would you use them?

Edited at 04:22 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They were very slow to send my Universal tickets and their customer service was non existent.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
millerj
Helping Minnie

Would not touch them with a barge pole. We bought combo packages pre covid for October last year with them

When we tried to get in touch to discuss options in the summer 2020 they did not want to know and were so unhelpful. We were told the company was mothballed (that wa on the standard out of office reply sent) so they must have come out of hiding if they are selling tickets again

They refused to refund anything and instead supplied a standard form for insurance claims. On instruction from our insurance company we got in touch with universal to find out they had refunded Florida escapes the money for the tickets and the tickets references we had been supplied were invalid so they had our money and we had no tickets

Luckily I was able to claim through my credit card

Search for Florida escapes on forums and you will find several of us with similar experiences
millerj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Used them loads pre-pandemic, they where always great. As others have said, refused refunds and had to sort it all out via insurance.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have used them in the past with no problems.

It’s how a company performs in adversity that counts.

Having read of fellow DIBBERS experiences, they are now on my ‘wouldn’t touch with a barge pole’ list, along with several TA’s and a relatively large Airline.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks everyone - think I will avoid as it is those who performed well for their customers over the last 18 months are the companies that will get my support. Unfortunately not as many in the mix as you would hope.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingjam3
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Having read of fellow DIBBERS experiences, they are now on my ‘wouldn’t touch with a barge pole’ list, along with several TA’s and a relatively large Airline.

Which is the large airline?
Flamingjam3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Flamingjam3 View Post
Which is the large airline?
I may give you a clue in the circumstances….

They have Red Tails and used to play on the slogan ‘Party like a Rock Star’.

They refused to meet their legal obligation to refund all passengers within 7 days upon their cancellations whilst many other airlines did, citing training and administration delays that would take 120 days plus.. but if you phoned in seeking simply a credit note, they could deal with you within minutes (I take it that the Credit note department was already fully trained and staffed in anticipation).

They are now by far the most expensive airline on the U.K. Orlando routes for next year, doubtless trying to nullify the value of all those credit notes and thus earn revenue on the seats, knowing that they have a ‘use by’ date and can only be redeemed on their flights.
Top tip… Bin Orlando next year and try California. Flights into SFO, LAX and San Diego have hardly gone up at all. Look at a multi city, into one and out of another and you may get £500 and a bit pp. You can see the original Disney park and so much more!

Their figurehead is a wealthy Hippy tax exile who spouts incessantly about what the U.K. government should do and how people should vote, whilst paying no tax towards the upkeep and funding of the Nation, merely stating that his employees largely pay tax on their incomes.

This position may explain why the Government refused to bail out the Airline despite his pleading last April May time.

I may have given too many clues, now.

OK.. It’s a difficult one, so one more clue.

I am not one as I have fathered four children! I now stand by for loads of incoming from the many on this forum that will countenance no other and regardless of customer service during the darkest days of Covid. Indeed, some seem to believe that this airline is the only option when travelling for their ‘Magic’.… But have I stated a single inaccuracy?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:57 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List