Link to this Post
whambar
Imagineer

whambar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
Just a quick question

Almost two years ago I was put on tablets for high blood pressure. It was only for three months and it was simply because I lost my mum and couldn't cope with it. The doctor said he thought it was a short term thing and he was right. The question is - do I still need to be declaring this for travel insurance purposes?

Thanks
I would mention it anyway, you dont say if you took meds or whether you are still on meds, if you are you would have to declare it, better to do that than find out insurance is not valid.
Old 16 Mar 10, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I'm in the process of getting another Annual policy and it's driving me insane

I rang StaySure who we have cover with now (runs out next week) and the same cover has increased over £600 to £830 The one through epilepsy for Action was over £1000, I rang the Post Office and the woman wasn't even listening to what I had answered to her question and I had to finish the call as she didn't seem to know what she was on about.

I'm beginning to think we will never get any cover

Caron
Old 16 Mar 10, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
, I rang the Post Office and the woman wasn't even listening to what I had answered to her question and I had to finish the call as she didn't seem to know what she was on about.

I'm beginning to think we will never get any cover

Caron
Awww...sorry to hear your having problems getting insurance. Was the Post Office number you rang the medical screening line or the general 08457 22 33 44 if it was <<<<<<< then please try again because they are hopeless ( I work for the Post office and even I think they are hopeless at the national callcentre helpline)

If it was the number above please try this one instead
0845 602 5275 its the medical screening number and they are usually really helpful.

The NSE has these companies listed but doesnt endorse any of them so you'd need to do your homework before handing your money over.
Hope it helps

Direct Travel Insurance
Shelley House, Steyning
West Sussex BN44 3RD
0845 605 2700

Europ Assistance
Sussex House
Perrymount Road
Haywards Heath
West Sussex RH16 1DN
0844 338 5533

Freedom Insurances Services Ltd
Richmond House
16 – 20 Regent Street
Cambridge CB2 1DB
0870 774 3760

Free Spirit Travel Insurance
Stansted House, Rowlands Castle
Hampshire PO9 6DX
0845 230 5000

Insure and Go
0844 888 2787

Karma Insurance
White House
Wollaton Street
Nottingham NG1 5GF
0845 260 1545

Orbis Insurance
01424 220 110

The Insurance Surgery (broker)
Tudor House, Royal Court
Macclesfield
Cheshire SK11 7AE
0800 849 6444

Travelbility Insurance Cover
0845 338 1638

© The National Society for Epilepsy

Information produced in January 2010.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 10, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Winnie Lourson View Post
Tried the post office this morning - quoted me £112 for single trip. Quote was based on two adults travelling - it appears there isn't a single adult option which is rather annoying.

When putting post office insurance in google I found Atlas Direct - they quoted around £20 but then their website kept crashing so couldn't get any further in obtaining a proper quote. Has anybody any experience of this company?

Thanks

They've given you the wrong price and information there I'm afraid ...if its one adult and one 12 year old for say 2 weeks to Florida single trip it should only be £56 if bought online and maybe a fraction more in branch I cant remember off the top of my head what it is (I sell these policies all day long lol) ...your 12 year goes free and there is a lone parent policy (you dont have to be a single parent it just means a parent and child are travelling alone)

Also I have used Atlas travel in the past and they seem really efficient but as with most insurances you only find out how good they are if you have to make a claim and fortunately I've never had to claim hope this helps
Old 16 Mar 10, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Caron is it for epilepsy in particular that you need cover for Josh?

if so i got mine with virgin money and i got a extra discount too as we have a virgin credit card

maybe they would be worth a try?
Old 16 Mar 10, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you RustyHalo It was the medical Screening line at the Post Office that I rang. I just didn't have the confidence in the person that answered when she dismissed DS1 epilepsy and said that she would need to speak to him even after I explained he has severe learning difficulties and can hardly speak.

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
Caron is it for epilepsy in particular that you need cover for Josh?

if so i got mine with virgin money and i got a extra discount too as we have a virgin credit card

maybe they would be worth a try?
Thanks Marie they are my next one to try, we have a Virgin Credit card too.

Caron
Old 16 Mar 10, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear of your experience with the Post Office medical screening Caron Ben's epilepsy is covered with them along with multiple other medical conditions. The lady I spoke to at their medical screening was lovely and so patient going through everything in detail. I'd be tempted to call back and ask for a supervisor.
Old 16 Mar 10, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
Sorry to hear of your experience with the Post Office medical screening Caron Ben's epilepsy is covered with them along with multiple other medical conditions. The lady I spoke to at their medical screening was lovely and so patient going through everything in detail. I'd be tempted to call back and ask for a supervisor.
I'll call back tomorrow Lynn, I haven't the strength to ring back today. I don't mind paying for good cover as long as I can get everything covered and not pay a fortune. Thing is in all the times we've travelled abroad we have never claimed on our insurance once for Josh.

Caron
Old 16 Mar 10, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Caron its soul destroying isnt it. We used Tesco last year and I found them good, phoned this year but because david has constant UTI's they would not cover him, (they covered him last year) they would cover him for everything else (things far worse than the UTI's ) so I phoned Staysure and they covered him. Then my dad had problems with who he was with last year told him to phone staysure and he got quotes £2,300

he got it for £780 with Fortis

It takes you so long to go through all the screening that the first quote that is an acceptable price and covers everything I just go with.

Try Tesco you might be lucky and also get your tesco points
good luck tomorrow.

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 10, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks Ali, I'm wondering whether to just go with the increased quote from Staysure even though it's 4 times the price it was last year.

I'll give the Post Office, Virgin and Tesco a ring later on today and if I don't get anywhere I'll stick with what we've got.

Caron

Tags
medical conditions, special needs, travel insurance