Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 13 May 09, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 09, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by ambersmom View Post
Oh fantastic photos Marion, looks like you had a great time, a few of my friends left the costa to work in Dubai a few years ago and have never looked back, its one place i would really love to see
I would highly recommend a visit to Dubai, it is just a stunning city. It's also very clean and vibrant with so much to do. I've yet to do a desert safari... maybe i'll do it the next time.

The ex-pats who live there have a great life, totally different to the way of life here but they also have to work long hard hours. My brother doesn't get to see a lot of Dubai unless he has visitors like us out. He'll take a week of work and enjoy the country he lives in for a few days before it's back to reality for him.
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 09, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by Minniespal View Post
Really enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us.
Your welcome Florence... i'm just off now to amend all my spelling mistakes i've just realised i've made after re-reading the report again
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 09, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that report - a friend of a colleague at work has moved out a few months ago - he works for Serco in HR, and he has a 5 bed apartment somwhere! He's loving it according to colleague at work - best thing since sliced bread.
Old 13 May 09, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

Great trippie. Love seeing all the pics. We are off in less than 4 weeks and can't wait.

If you get chance, could you let me know where the last mall is (Festival I think you said) as we already plan on visiting Mall of Emirates and Dubai Mall.

Thanks
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 09, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by carolynn38 View Post
Great trippie. Love seeing all the pics. We are off in less than 4 weeks and can't wait.

If you get chance, could you let me know where the last mall is (Festival I think you said) as we already plan on visiting Mall of Emirates and Dubai Mall.

Thanks
Hi Carolyn,
It's called Dubai Festival City and it's over in the direction of the airport (the other end of the creek from dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates. It actually sits right at the end of the creek and there is a marina there too. You can walk outside and see the boats and the view is stunning. There is a stage in the middle of the marina where some acts come out to when they are on tour with concerts etc. There is also a large fun fair type thing outside here but it was closed when we were there. My brother reckons it opens at night though
Old 13 May 09, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
A lovely last day, the house looks gorgeous, i also heard you have to pay the years rent upfront,

Thanks for sharing, im going to show dh this thead as he always says he doesnt fancy it,

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 09, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by ambersmom View Post
A lovely last day, the house looks gorgeous, i also heard you have to pay the years rent upfront,

Thanks for sharing, im going to show dh this thead as he always says he doesnt fancy it,
Yeah that's right, most places is a years' rent upfront. My brother pays his rent every 6 months. He has to leave his place by the end of August as they want to turn his apartment block into a hotel. He's on the lookout for a new apartment just now and some of them are a year's rent upfront.

Him and his partner Jude would love to rent a large apartment or a villa between them and share the cost but you're not allowed to do that in Dubai. You must be married before you can share over there
Old 13 May 09, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow! Great report! It looks truly amazing, i love the sound of all the malls!
Old 13 May 09, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by kerryh View Post
Wow! Great report! It looks truly amazing, i love the sound of all the malls!
Yeah it's certainly a shoppers paradise over there. The shopping malls are just unbelievable. Our wee shopping centre here has about 12 shops, over there it ranges between 400 - 1200 shops in each mall. You really have to pick up a map with a store guild from each Mall to get around them. If you forget where you've parked your car then you'll spend another half a day looking for it.