Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Apr 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Thanks so much - what kind words.

Poot actually has a (proper, lovely, "normal") Christian name - in fact he was named for my late father.

But when he was three he determined that he wished to be called "Pooter Woot" at all times. I thought that was funny and humoured him (my husband did not, and did not ).

...the name stuck.

I have a stupid Christian name - I promised never to do that to a child of mine - and what did I do?

I have edited in Poot's memories of Day 8, and should be posting Day 9 tomorrow or Wednesday.
Not going to lie - I had been intrigued for this whole time whether Poot was his name or a nickname! It's such a cute name!
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
Not going to lie - I had been intrigued for this whole time whether Poot was his name or a nickname! It's such a cute name!
I probably need to stop calling him that, really. Otherwise I'll end up embarrassing him as a teenager...

I still call my (39 year old) brother "JoJo" though (his middle name is Joseph) - so probably not much hope for poor Poot!

R.C. is not much for nicknames - you should have seen the look he gave me when I first called him "Babes"!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
You must have been exhausted by the time you got to DC.
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
You must have been exhausted by the time you got to DC.
YES. Magical Nick was my favourite man that day. Oh that nap felt SO GOOD.

Hope you enjoy reading about D.C. - it's a break from skating at least!
Old 15 Apr 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Wow, well done for coping with a very early start, and managing to get some dinner after the ravening hordes had departed!

(Frankly as far as I'm concerned they could keep the Hershey, but if it had been Ghiradelli they might have had a fight on their hands...)

The Air and Space Museum looks fascinating, and Poot looked so happy!

Peter says ...

Oxfords not brogues!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Wow, well done for coping with a very early start, and managing to get some dinner after the ravening hordes had departed!

(Frankly as far as I'm concerned they could keep the Hershey, but if it had been Ghiradelli they might have had a fight on their hands...)

The Air and Space Museum looks fascinating, and Poot looked so happy!

Peter says ...

Oxfords not brogues!
Couldn't agree more, CRP! And today's offenders weren't even our worst ones...

But Gill, re: chocolate - them's fightin' words!

It is a good museum, no doubt about it - though like the Science Museum here in London it could use a little love (carpets, paint, etc...). And McDonald's!

Everything there is right up Poot's street, though - he liked it so much that we went back - just the two of us - after DH flew back to London.

That is the real benefit of free museums with kids, IMO - you can duck in for just a couple of hours - and not burn little ones out in an effort to make sure you "get your money's worth" (Louvre, I'm looking at you!).

Thanks for hanging in there with us -
Old 2 Jun 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Wowza Americans taking all the candy back their rooms.

Air and space museum is on our very long to do list, I've allotted 1/2 a day which I know will not do it justice.
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by miss_bell View Post
Wowza Americans taking all the candy back their rooms.

Air and space museum is on our very long to do list, I've allotted 1/2 a day which I know will not do it justice.
Shh...half a day would be enough for me.

But Poot was just so happy there - he loved it. And I defy ANYONE not to be amazed at seeing the ACTUAL Wright brothers plane. I liked touching the moon rock, too.

And I KNOW, right?! If it had been little kids with the candy - but NO - it was ADULTS! It's like the people who steal ketchup packets from the Sainsbury's cafeteria...
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I like that early morning flights seem so sensible at the time of booking 'it's half the price'/'we'll get the whole day there when we arrive', but then it's time to get up...

Your room being ready prior to check in is the best feeling! Another downfall of the early flight trap, napping whilst you're supposed to be enjoying the benefit of having 'THE WHOLE DAY'.

I would have been SO disappointed at the sight of the McDonalds! We love the food court at the Natural History Museum in NYC, not for it's quality, but because it reminds me of a U.S. high school cafeteria. If you're planning a trip (to the museum, not the food court, although they have dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets!) when you are in NYC budget an entire day, not kidding! Such a shame you don't have a few more days there.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, it's Friday! This week has been a week and a half, not least because I've barely slept beyond 4am. Today has been the longest day of all, but here is collybird and here I am with a manhattan cocktail to hand.

Your have arrived in DC, with the help of Denzel! Now I have to add DC to my list of must go places. I'm loving the April Maths, anywhere that is more expensive than London is blinking pricey. As far as free museums go I could argue both ways. I don't like the idea that they are saved for those that can afford them, but I do agree that you appreciate more what you have paid good money to see!

Thanks for another fab instalment

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List