Old 11 Aug 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Abby you're home! How was your trip? I have been looking forward to hearing all about it!

I loved the store about no boots at Boots, that had never occurred to me before. I might look up where the name came from.
Hey there lovely to see you again

We had a brilliant time, thank you.

I looked up Boots! Cos I'm a nerd like that, John Boots opened a herbal remedies store in 1849. John Boots died in 1860 and his 10 year old son took over the running of the shop with mother (widow of John, mother of 10 year old not mother of John). Phew, I think I need Poot to help with grammatical arrangement of that sentence!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 05:23 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Eek hissing cockroaches you did well to last a few minutes, I would have thought a few seconds is enough.

Very odd warning from the concierge, perhaps she was worried you would blame her for sending you off piste.

Cookie dough...bad mother alert ... my kids thought I was being incredibly un-mumish when I allowed them ice cream from Florean Fortescues for lunch! But when you're on holiday normal rules are suspended aren't they?

Score on the kids books from the end branch library.

It sounds like you had a nice picnic in your hotel room. And great entertainment too.

Now onto Poots recollection of the day.

It seems you were not as cool as you thought with the Roach! The meteorite with the paperclips looked awesome. But the best bit of the day, and clearly I am not alone in thinking this as everyone has commented about it, The Escalator. This is a revelation I've never seen one like it, I'm glad you put in a picture. I didn't even know such a thing existed. There is a massive tesco about 20 miles from us that has 2 storeys and the trolley just goes up in front of you on the moving ramp escalator.

Oh and Sparksy if you're still here? While we were waiting at LHR there was an American family and the 2 girls spotted a Boots. They were talking about going and getting a meal deal for the plane and then shared a joke about how it sells everything you could want apart from...wait for it...boots! I was pretending to read while eavesdropping, I had to pretend to be reading a really cute and funny part as I couldn't help but chortle.

Somehow you're talking about coronation chicken again! I get it you like it! How many threads will this appear on? I guess you're allowed as it's your Trippie! Plus coronation chicken is rather tasty. It is my DD favourite filling for a sarnie, or for jacket potatoes.

If I read on will you start moaning about carrot cake?

Ah Collette here you are! I thought that about the 'even dad' comment. It's not long now for either of your hols. And now you can say it's next month.
Bleurgh...cockroaches - and today to top it off I saw a big, fat RAT in Hatfield town centre. YUK!

I was confused by the concierge's "warning" as well - but all will become clear in Baltimore...

DM always allowed us "food furlough" on holiday - and the first time we were in Florida with Poot I was so excited to get some Cocoa Puffs so that he could try them (we ONLY got Cocoa Puffs on holiday)...and he hated them. "Cereal shouldn't taste of chocolate, Mother."

Me: "Whose child ARE you?"

I will let Poot read your reply to him tomorrow and edit in his response. There will certainly be more to say about the cart escalator, I'm sure.

And clearly I must live under a metaphorical rock - because that is the FIRST time I've ever heard that joke about Boots. I did GENUINELY smile.

PS: "Moaning"? You're getting a little bit frisky these days, Abby. I like it.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Abby you're home! How was your trip? I have been looking forward to hearing all about it!

I loved the store about no boots at Boots, that had never occurred to me before. I might look up where the name came from.
LOL...I just typed that very same thing!

Hey there lovely to see you again

We had a brilliant time, thank you.

I looked up Boots! Cos I'm a nerd like that, John Boots opened a herbal remedies store in 1849. John Boots died in 1860 and his 10 year old son took over the running of the shop with mother (widow of John, mother of 10 year old not mother of John). Phew, I think I need Poot to help with grammatical arrangement of that sentence!
He'd be ONLY TOO happy to help.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Are cocoa puffs like sugar puffs but with chocolate?

I will confess my only rule for Christmas or Easter or birthdays with my children is 'eat whatever you like but don't make yourself sick' I agree it's not a brilliant rule. Bad mother police well and truly alerted.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Are cocoa puffs like sugar puffs but with chocolate?

I will confess my only rule for Christmas or Easter or birthdays with my children is 'eat whatever you like but don't make yourself sick' I agree it's not a brilliant rule. Bad mother police well and truly alerted.
Cocoa Puffs:

They turn the milk into...chocolate milk.

Hehe...I say much the same thing. "If you eat so much you make yourself sick, well...I'm not cleaning it up."
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Aha, I wondered if they were coco pops, but I see that they are balls as opposed to puffed rice cereal.

Old 12 Aug 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Aha, I wondered if they were coco pops, but I see that they are balls as opposed to puffed rice cereal.
Yes...probably even LESS nutritional value...

...and here's Poot's reply from yesterday:

The meteorites WERE amazing - I could have fiddled with (haha that's what Dad calls it) the magnetic one all day. The meteorites at Harvard had better names, though. DEAD COW!

The meteorite that you could sit on was all worn down from people sitting on it - it was "smudged".

We have a two-storey supermarket near our house, too. It is a Sainsbury's - and it just has the moving ramp. It's very annoying when you get stuck behind a big queue of buggies (carts). That would not happen if they had the escalator!
Old 12 Aug 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Poot,

Thank you for the reply, the meteorites sound fascinating. The Perseid meteor shower is visible tonight, but it might start a bit late for you, I'm not sure what your bedtime is?

We braved supermarket shopping this morning, not the massive one with the escalator, but a nearer Tesco. The reason I'm telling you is because it was very busy and we got stuck behind several slow moving carts. My son had to buy some new swimming trunks as both his trunks ripped while we were on holiday. Shh...Don't tell anyone but he had his left buttock hanging out for a portion of our day at Volcano Bay! In the end he put his pants on underneath the trunks so we wouldn't have to leave the water park.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Old 12 Aug 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Poot,

Thank you for the reply, the meteorites sound fascinating. The Perseid meteor shower is visible tonight, but it might start a bit late for you, I'm not sure what your bedtime is?

We braved supermarket shopping this morning, not the massive one with the escalator, but a nearer Tesco. The reason I'm telling you is because it was very busy and we got stuck behind several slow moving carts. My son had to buy some new swimming trunks as both his trunks ripped while we were on holiday. Shh...Don't tell anyone but he had his left buttock hanging out for a portion of our day at Volcano Bay! In the end he put his pants on underneath the trunks so we wouldn't have to leave the water park.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Poot is still awake - unfortunately it looks like cloud cover here north of London will prevent us from seeing the meteors tonight.

He replies:

That must have been very embarrassing for your son. When I was younger I was very, very skinny and my dad was always telling me to pull up my trousers - because I was showing my bum and that was disgusting. Mother said it wasn't disgusting but it wasn't good manners.

In Hatfield yesterday we saw a man walking around with all of his underwear showing and I wondered if we should tell him but Mother said that was just his style. My dad wouldn't allow that style, haha.

We don't usually go to Tesco on Saturday - it's too busy!

April here - I have taken the laptop back...

Old 13 Aug 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It feels rude to not reply to Poot, but I'm trying to think of something to say that is not along the lines of...

I imagine your bottom didn't look like a builders so I'm sure I will have seen sights that are more disgusting. Isn't it weird how some people like to show the world their underwear, or worse let things hang out? I've never understood that...

so I guess it's more a reply to you than Poot.

Old 13 Aug 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I have never tried Coco Puffs but I always eat Miel Pops at DLP! Calories don't count at Disney.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List