Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Sorry yeah Toy Story hotel
not that I remember... but most hotels did take a card swipe so maybe they did and I just didn't notice :/

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The Toy Story hotel looks really nice! I'd love to visit but the language barrier and food gives me the fear - excited to read your trip and see a different part of the world through your trippy.
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by k4ti3-x View Post
The Toy Story hotel looks really nice! I'd love to visit but the language barrier and food gives me the fear - excited to read your trip and see a different part of the world through your trippy.
hey, if I can eat over there, anyone can! I'm the fussiest person you'll probably ever read about! Been veggie for 37+ so no meat or fish (including stock so stay away from any soups or anything in 'broth), but also I don't eat salad, mushrooms, peppers, aubergine, courgette or eggs and we're going again in a couple of weeks
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Been doing lots of research recently and your TR is going to be great reading! Thanks for sharing. Would love to do Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai Disneyland in one trip maybe next year or West Coast USA, can't decide!

Reading about the people hassling you, the squat toilets and the language barriers is making me feel quite anxious though (I worry about everything!) especially with two kids in tow!

Hotel looks amazing! Can't wait to read more! TFS xx

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by bambikate View Post
Been doing lots of research recently and your TR is going to be great reading! Thanks for sharing. Would love to do Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai Disneyland in one trip maybe next year or West Coast USA, can't decide!

Reading about the people hassling you, the squat toilets and the language barriers is making me feel quite anxious though (I worry about everything!) especially with two kids in tow!

Hotel looks amazing! Can't wait to read more! TFS xx
you'd be fine. It's not as easy as Florida but it's nothing too scary :P

June 15-Rome & Florence
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by k4ti3-x View Post
thanks

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
hey, if I can eat over there, anyone can! I'm the fussiest person you'll probably ever read about! Been veggie for 37+ so no meat or fish (including stock so stay away from any soups or anything in 'broth), but also I don't eat salad, mushrooms, peppers, aubergine, courgette or eggs and we're going again in a couple of weeks

Yes bring treats! Food wise it wasn't too bad. They LOVE european food, so if you want it the option is there, but obviously you just pay a little more for it than the local cuisine

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 6 Apr 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
Yes bring treats! Food wise it wasn't too bad. They LOVE european food, so if you want it the option is there, but obviously you just pay a little more for it than the local cuisine
we do spend a lot of time in advance of any trip, finding places suitable for me to eat as you wouldn't like me when I'm hungry (think they coined the word 'Hangry' just for me lol! )

In Japan for instance, we've found Taco Bell

I have got the Chinese symbol for 'meat' written down so will no doubt be using that a lot!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
we do spend a lot of time in advance of any trip, finding places suitable for me to eat as you wouldn't like me when I'm hungry (think they coined the word 'Hangry' just for me lol! )

In Japan for instance, we've found Taco Bell

I have got the Chinese symbol for 'meat' written down so will no doubt be using that a lot!
ah hangry, I know that well

They have loads of chain restaurants like that. I follow a few japan vloggers who are vegan and they go to loads of restaurants in the city that cater for them

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 7 Apr 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
ah hangry, I know that well

They have loads of chain restaurants like that. I follow a few japan vloggers who are vegan and they go to loads of restaurants in the city that cater for them
this might sound weird, but last visit we stayed in a Buddhist monastery type hotel that did this huge traditional Buddhist vegan banquet- they just kept bringing dish after dish after dish (didn't speak any English so we could ask how much more to come?! ) and wasn't impressed with it at all so probably wouldn't want to visit a vegan place again! Think I'll stick to pizza - found a local pizza chain last time called Saizeriya which was quite dependable and found almost every town we went to, thankfully. Taco Bell is only about 5 min walk from our hotel so will be visiting there at least once hopefully (as long as they're better than Madrid - yuck! ).