Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 20 Nov 21, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Alicia, I will definitely be picking your brains. After two cancelled trips we can’t make Vancouver until the earliest the middle of next year. We have 2 west coast trips and the most important trip of all to the UK in June, but after that will hopefully be fitting Vancouver in. I eagerly await your trippie. Thanks for taking the time to let us share with you.
Absolutely, fire away! I really hope you get there next summer, I would love to go back when the weather is a bit sunnier and warmer

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anji View Post
I have! We leave 5th September, returning 29th. I may hold you to brain picking!
So exciting! It will be here before you know it!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah, what the heck with the feet on the walls ?

Rewind ... eek , good job you hadn’t planned on driving with the petrol nonsense. All seemed to go smoothly at check in which is fab.

Shame it was a cronky old plane but glad the flight went ok. Have you found all the dessert bits in your bag now ?

Sounds like you breezed it on arrival . You must have been so tired though.. I’m in awe that you did the driving . Hotel looked fabulous and love the city view. Did you feel dizzy ?

Wow and you went out fr dinner. Omg how were not on your knees with tiredness?
Liking the pm paracetamol tip there for the flight. Makes mental note for future night flight ...

Looking forward to more.
I know right! I felt like leaning over and saying “you’re not at home now love, get your feet down!” I however did the typically British thing of tutting and rolling my eyes instead 😂

We were really dreading coming home and the petrol stations still being empty but thankfully all that nonsense had resolved itself so thankfully we got out of there just in time!

Haha I thought I had managed to get rid of all dessert evidence but I then kept finding it in my Mulberry purse 😡

The drive was a little hairy I will admit but once you’ve driven LA’s highways in rush hour everything else is a doddle 😂.
The view from our room really was amazing, I hate heights normally but didn’t feel dizzy at all.

Definitely get yourself some acetaminophen PM when you’re in the States next, it’s magical stuff!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 28 Nov 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

How did I miss that you’d started this?!

Long day and I would not have been happy about the Dooney Gu Incident
Old 28 Nov 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Looking forward to reading a Canada trippie. 🤗

Sounds like you had a pretty smooth travel day, if you take out the dessert in your handbag. 😉 Hope you managed to get a news bag out of it while you were there.

Can’t believe how long you were awake for though - and you drove! That’s seriously impressive when you’re that tired.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
How did I miss that you’d started this?!

Long day and I would not have been happy about the Dooney Gu Incident
Haha I know right! He was like “oops” 🙄. Any other bag I wouldn’t have cared about!
Thank you for reading along

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Looking forward to reading a Canada trippie. 🤗

Sounds like you had a pretty smooth travel day, if you take out the dessert in your handbag. 😉 Hope you managed to get a news bag out of it while you were there.

Can’t believe how long you were awake for though - and you drove! That’s seriously impressive when you’re that tired.
Thanks Jo!
No new bag, although we’re in Florida next year so I might try and fleece him for another Dooney as payback 😂
Reading it back, I’m not even sure how we managed to stay awake all that time!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Apr 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Finally getting around to reading this Alicia... it sounds like you have a great trip planned. Long travel day for you, and a bit of a shame about the old plane and inconsiderate passengers! Hotel looks beautiful

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Finally getting around to reading this Alicia... it sounds like you have a great trip planned. Long travel day for you, and a bit of a shame about the old plane and inconsiderate passengers! Hotel looks beautiful
Thank you Lynda!
It was such a long travel day, I forget how much longer it takes to get to the West Coast rather than Florida!
We definitely struck it lucky with the hotel

IG - alicialanesmith