Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Teenagers 1st shavers

Hi DS, 15 has mentioned shaving. He has a little bit of hair on top lip and some longer light hairs under his chin. His skin is a little sensitive

Can anyone recommend shaving items for teens please? Is a wet shave with razor blades best to start with?

Either electric or razor and types of foam \ gel would be best to try?

Thanks
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Get some sensitive gel, we got our boys the Harrys range of shaving as a kit, which they liked. Boots have them.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

My husband bought my son a Gillette super razor the same as his. We bought him foam and gel to choose which he prefers. And his skin got really dry, so we bought him some men's nivea moisturiser too which he loves
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Ds lip/chin hair is still quite fine he has a Wilkinson sword Quattro razor he uses the trimmer end with the cover off no need for shaving gel and no nicks or cuts.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We bought all the wet shave stuff for DS but he was reluctant to use so bought a cheap electric shaver off Amazon which he prefers.

Ask your DS what he'd prefer to try.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

if going down the wet shave route, imo the only way to go, i would recommend mach 3 blades , if find the 5 blade razors lethal. i shave my whole face/head

i use gel foam from aldi, lacura is the brand
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

My sons both used Gillette fusion (like me) but they also tried the electric shaver route. If he has acne at all then the wet shave can cut if and the electric can sometimes pull hairs out and cause more spots and a rash. However we just got our youngest a Philips one blade and he seems to love it. It doesn’t shave quite as close in as a wet shave but doesn’t irritate his skin like an electric razor does. Our oldest now sports a short beard.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Before going down either wet or electric route I would get him a dirt cheap disposable.

That way you and he can tell if his sensitive skin will cope with wet shaving as a disposable is 'rougher' than a good blade.

Once you have that answer the World is your oyster. I have to wet shave as an electric is hopeless for me due to the fact I really need to shave twice a day.

There is a lot of nonsense surrounding razors in my view and some of the best shaves can be achieved with the old 'butterfly' blades that are as cheap as chips.

Like this

Best of luck.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

As OH seems to have sensitive skin when it comes to shaving, I figured DS may have too.
Therefore he’s not wet shaving and he just uses an electric.
I’m honestly am not sure what it is but it was half price in Argos. Phillips and possibly about £80? Seems to work well. He does find he gets a rash if he shaves too close

Edited at 12:49 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Thanks all. I'll have another chat with DS to see what he wants to try first
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List