Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 20 Nov 21, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
This brings back fabulous memories of Vancouver , I can’t believe it has been almost 18 years since I went.
Do you still get a certificate to say you crossed the Capilano suspension bridge?
I can also confirm poutine in Toronto is better😂
I’m so pleased it has brought back great memories for you, I wonder how much the city has changed in 18 years.

Nooo! We didn’t get a certificate! I feel slightly cheated now 😂

Haha, I’ll have to take your word on the Poutine, it looked vile!
It was just so funny how passionate this guy was at selling us how fantastic it tasted, we couldn’t not try it 😆

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Such a lot of lovely photos of your walk in the trees. But oh my! The bridges turned my stomach, there is absolutely no way I'd be able to walk on them. The views were stunning, but the wobbly bridges and being so narrow, nope, not for me!

Seems like a good day for food as well, with the yummy Dennys breakfast and then back to Joeys for cocktails in the evening. I hope you slept better and no 4am wake ups the following morning.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Fab photos, I remember crossing the Bridge in 1987, it certainly swayed especially when we ran for a bit! Don't remember a gift shop...
Scenery is spectacular especially in the autumn, beautiful colours 😍

Is the Lion Bridge the one where a traffic lane changes direction depending on the rush hour? I'm sure Vancouver had changed greatly since I went, would love to go again.

My friend and I had a few extra days there as the Great Storm here, meant we couldn't fly back. Can remember the devastion on the journey home from the airport!

Enjoy rest of your trip 😀
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Some great photos today, but the bridge ones brought back how much my knees were shaking when crossing it myself. I feel like it’s a must do, but was still absolutely terrifying. 🙈

Completely with you on the thought of poutine, so am relieved we didn’t try it now. 😂

Sorry your dinner was a disappointment. There’s always one that fails to make the grade.
jocat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Such a lot of lovely photos of your walk in the trees. But oh my! The bridges turned my stomach, there is absolutely no way I'd be able to walk on them. The views were stunning, but the wobbly bridges and being so narrow, nope, not for me!

Seems like a good day for food as well, with the yummy Dennys breakfast and then back to Joeys for cocktails in the evening. I hope you slept better and no 4am wake ups the following morning.
Haha, I honestly didn’t think I’d be able to cross them either but when in Rome…. 😂. I’m so glad I did but my head didn’t agree with me!
It felt so good to be back in a Denny’s again, just a little bit of Florida in Canada. You would have loved the cocktails in Joeys Abby, nice and potent!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Fab photos, I remember crossing the Bridge in 1987, it certainly swayed especially when we ran for a bit! Don't remember a gift shop...
Scenery is spectacular especially in the autumn, beautiful colours 😍

Is the Lion Bridge the one where a traffic lane changes direction depending on the rush hour? I'm sure Vancouver had changed greatly since I went, would love to go again.

My friend and I had a few extra days there as the Great Storm here, meant we couldn't fly back. Can remember the devastion on the journey home from the airport!

Enjoy rest of your trip 😀
I can’t believe you ran across 😱, I was holding on for dear life 😂.
The autumn colours were beautiful all around Vancouver, we were still a little early for the full colour changes but it was still beautiful.
Yes! That’s the one. It confused us a bit on return into the city but it’s a good idea when you’ve only got 3 lanes going over.
Oh wow, lucky you to have a few extra days. I’d have been quite happy with more time in Vancouver, it’s got such a great vibe to the city

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Some great photos today, but the bridge ones brought back how much my knees were shaking when crossing it myself. I feel like it’s a must do, but was still absolutely terrifying. 🙈

Completely with you on the thought of poutine, so am relieved we didn’t try it now. 😂

Sorry your dinner was a disappointment. There’s always one that fails to make the grade.
It really is a must do isn’t it, I’d recommend it to anyone visiting Vancouver.

I don’t think anyone could convince me to eat poutine. I’m a typical southerner and I won’t ever put gravy on my chips 😂

Thankfully it was the only bad meal of the holiday but you’re right there’s always one!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Your Day 1 was considerably more aligned to my holiday preferences than today 😂

Stunning stunning scenery though oh and WalMart! 😃
Old 19 Dec 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Your Day 1 was considerably more aligned to my holiday preferences than today 😂

Stunning stunning scenery though oh and WalMart! 😃
I know right, it would normally be mine too but when in Rome
I can't tell you how happy I was when I found out Canada had a Walmart

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Apr 22, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Great start to the day with Denny's for breakfast - can't beat it!

Stunning scenery today, the bridge walk looks amazing if a little scary. I don't blame you for not doing the hike, it sounds brutal!

Shame about your evening meal being such a let down.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List