Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Apr 17, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again?! Day Thirteen - Hollywood Studios, Sci fi Diner, Cheesecake & Chick-fil-A

This mornings breakfast was my cheeky little purchase from the Boardwalk Bakery last night - I snuck these little cuties into my bag without my husband noticing a thing! A Strawberry cupcake, and a Chocolate Oreo cupcake, both deeeeelicious!

We had our last theme park visit today, back to Hollywood Studios, we arrived at 11am, just in time for March of the First Order - I am 45 years old, but I still find the sight of Darth Vader terrifying! My brother had asthma as a child, and had the bedroom next door to mine, I used to think his deep breathing was Darth Vader under my bed.

Next up was The Great Movie Ride, we love this one, the movie compilation at the end made me a bit emotional..

My favourite part is the Wizard of Oz.

We had wanted to meet Moana, but the wait time was quite long and the men didnt fancy waiting, so instead we went to our next fastpass - the much awaited highlight of my whole entire holiday... the Frozen Sing-a-long! Yay! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

We had a 30 minute wait in the theatre before it began, Bethany and I were getting excited and the men...not so much. Soon we were inside and ready for the show! It was brilliant, very funny, and great that all the words were up on the screen so we could all sing our little hearts out. (Well, most of us!)

The boys LOVED it. Look -
(Terry does look like he is quite enjoying it actually)

Here is a little clip so you can sing too!

We had lunch at the Sci Fi Diner, a drive in cinema style diner, where you sit in cars and watch old sci fi movies. We were soon taken inside and seated in our car BOOTH! 😂 We started with milkshakes, which were really good, then burgers, fries, onion rings etc, sorry no food photos as its too dark in here!
The movies are really funny, and I think the kids found the whole thing fun. It was double the price of Five Guys, for similar food, you really are paying for the experience, but I am still glad we did it.

Straight after eating, we had a fastpass for Tower of Terror.
We were seated right at the front, the funniest thing though was the lady behind us who was screaming like she was being murdered, she kept saying 'make it stop!' 'Not again oh my god NO!' I actually really enjoyed it this time, and when it finished the screaming lady said 'I didnt pee my pants though!' 😂 She made us all laugh. She is sat behind my husband in this picture -

We left the park to come back and swim and sunbathe for a couple of hours, before heading out to the Mall of Millenia, so that Bethany could return to Sephora, and the boys could eat Chick-fil-A. (And I needed cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory) On the way in the car the kids were on top form, with Bethany leading a game of choose the radio channel. We mostly ended up listening to Gospel or Country, much to Harrys amusement.

This mall is very upmarket and posh, it is full of shops like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Bvlgari, Michael Kors etc, I felt very under dressed and under rich.
Bethany headed back into Sephora, she was like a kid in a candy store, the guy at the till said its a Disney make up world! He is not kidding. Her face says it all. 💜💜💜

Then to 'dinner' Hip Hip Horray - Chick-fil-A! Its open! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

The Verdict - Its basically a bit like KFC only not as good, they dont have chicken on a bone, and its not southern fried either, just breaded. It was food, but not life changing food. (Not Five Guys or Chicken and Waffles!) Hark at me being a Junk Food Connoisseur now, I never usually even eat the stuff at home! So we went to the Cheesecake Factory to pick up some desserts to take home, (so that we could have wine with them.). It was really busy in here, and very loud, I am glad we just got take out.

We got five pieces and left, with me holding the bag like it was a newborn child, to the car.
Here they are in all their glory - they taste amazing!

No photo of me, am too busy eating it, and drinking my wine! So basically today started with cake, and ended with cake! Result!
Todays step count is a very low 10,000 - tomorrow we are going to Cirque du Soleil. Goodnight!
Edited to add - the kids decided to go for a late night swim!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 09:17 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Laughing at your fear of darth vadar!

A great day yet again! Any day that starts and ends with cake is gonna be fab

Well done on getting these posted live xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another fantastic day Louise ... frozen song a long was Lilly's favourite show we saw it three times, she sung her little heart out and one time I'm sure I saw OH singing a little bit too loudly but he won't admit to it 😂😂😂.
Have a lovely time at cirque I really wish it was something we had done
Ps I think I've just put a pound on looking at those graphic cheesecake pictures 😂😂xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day , cake , park, shopping, cake .. And wine.
Sounds darn near perfect to me !
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Another fab memory filled day. Glad its not just me at the end of Great Movie Ride...

Old 7 Apr 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Aimee10
New Poster (2)

Louise I absolutely love reading your post's! I feel like i'm there with you. I signed up just so I could reply to you. We are going out there Monday 17th cant wait!

Just to let you know you can buy the cheesecake factory cheesecakes in either target or walmart for $15.99/$22.99!
Aimee10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Love the video clip - thanks it brightened up my day. A day that starts with cake and ends with cake and wine just can't be anything other than brilliant.
Old 7 Apr 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Laughing at your fear of darth vadar!

A great day yet again! Any day that starts and ends with cake is gonna be fab

Well done on getting these posted live xx
I wouldnt remember any of it once I get home, its my age! It takes about twenty minutes each evening before bed, and I enjoy reliving our day. Looking forward to your trip rachael!

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Another fantastic day Louise ... frozen song a long was Lilly's favourite show we saw it three times, she sung her little heart out and one time I'm sure I saw OH singing a little bit too loudly but he won't admit to it 😂😂😂.
Have a lovely time at cirque I really wish it was something we had done
Ps I think I've just put a pound on looking at those graphic cheesecake pictures 😂😂xx
I literally have put on a pound eating it Im sure Sam! Going to need a million steps a day to shift all this! 😂

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Great day , cake , park, shopping, cake .. And wine.
Sounds darn near perfect to me !
Yes. I think so too!

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Another fab memory filled day. Glad its not just me at the end of Great Movie Ride...

Its good isnt it? Anything with slushy music sets me off these days.

Originally Posted by Aimee10 View Post
Louise I absolutely love reading your post's! I feel like i'm there with you. I signed up just so I could reply to you. We are going out there Monday 17th cant wait!

Just to let you know you can buy the cheesecake factory cheesecakes in either target or walmart for $15.99/$22.99!
Aimee thank you thats very sweet! And thanks for cheesecake tip, but am not sure I need anymore am getting too fat! Glad you have signed up, have a lovely trip xx

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Love the video clip - thanks it brightened up my day. A day that starts with cake and ends with cake and wine just can't be anything other than brilliant.
Thanks Jackie! So lovely you are reading along, I remember you from my last trip report! Glad you liked the video. Xxx

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Great photo of you all on tot
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The picture of the boys at the Frozen singalong is so funny!

The montage at the end of the Great Movie Ride always makes me emotional too and I don't even know why! I don't think I've even seen most of the movies on it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List