Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Sep 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

kitchen extension - finished! Final pics

We're having a single story extension built to the back of our house to make the kitchen a family room. It's 4m x 5m so not tiny but hopefully big enough to feel spacious.

I thought I'd share the photos so far...
Before...

Started Thurs 14th

Last Monday

This weekend - flying up fast

Hopefully only another 3 weeks before they leave and we can get the floor down and furniture in.

Edited at 04:25 PM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

That's going to be a lovely big space for you all! I love watching builds as they develop so I'll be following along

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Nice, as an ex tradesman I love a building thread.

Just keep an eye on how they do the lead under the window as your roof is going to be really tight to the bedroom window when they have tiled it.

Brickwork looks good, nice to see a good bricklayers work. Also they have put in very good sized timbers for the roof. Far too many builders cut corners there. Yours are huge so will never have an issue with load bearing.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:51 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Nice, as an ex tradesman I love a building thread.

Just keep an eye on how they do the lead under the window as your roof is going to be really tight to the bedroom window when they have tiled it.

Brickwork looks good, nice to see a good bricklayers work. Also they have put in very good sized timbers for the roof. Far too many builders cut corners there. Yours are huge so will never have an issue with load bearing.
So glad you've replied Mr TM in a positive way 👍 we all know you know you're stuff.

The brick layer has been fab. Said he'll finish Mon. He's had an apprentice with him and he's been really good taking time to show and explain things to him. The young one will learn a lot and not just how to brew up which is great to see.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ha ha. I'm not an expert as I am somewhat out of date but I do keep up with Regs due to my mates still being in the trade.

Nice that they have 'toothed out' for where the extension joins the house.
Far too many use these, I don't like them. However for the inner cavity wall they are great.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are just waiting on a price for this to be done to our kitchen

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks very similar to our kitchen extension we just had done. It was finished last Saturday,we love it
Old 24 Sep 17, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

That looks great, and its moving fast! We're hoping to do a kitchen extension, but we already have a bit out the back of the house, so I think we will build that out to the adjoining wall and push it back a bit. Hope ours can go up as quick as yours.
Old 24 Sep 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Loving this, signing up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ha ha. I'm not an expert as I am somewhat out of date but I do keep up with Regs due to my mates still being in the trade.

Nice that they have 'toothed out' for where the extension joins the house.
Far too many use these, I don't like them. However for the inner cavity wall they are great.

We are having a fairly major extension being built shortly. Toothing brick is now frowned upon and building control dont like it at all. The issue is that foundations of old and new build will be totally different and flex and move at different rates leading potentially to cracking. We are trying to work around this by having full length glazing to break the join. A real pain.

Edited at 05:06 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List