Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Dec 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

giftcard advice

Hi
Hoping some of you have may have some ideas of what i can do with an unwanted giftcard. I know of places like zeek but i seem to be losing quite a lot of the value of it. Is there any way around it at all, i know the stores won't let you return them, but can you buy something and then return that? or do they just put it back on a gift card. What about gift receipts. Such a pain, its a fair amount and I just won't use it
m

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

What kind of gift card is it? Disney one?
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

house of fraser

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Buy something and put it on eBay 😬 x
Old 21 Dec 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

What about selling the gift card to someone you know who will buy something from the shop its for, sell it them a bit cheaper than face value but you'll still be better off than using zeek
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I think if you buy something on a gift card, and then return it they refund that to a gift card.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Are you allowed to sell it on the dibb?

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Use it ASAP. House of Fraser isn’t what it was years ago and the brand is losing its appeal/value by the day
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

unfortunately cannot sell it on here.. i have asked around family etc to see but no joy yet. It's a new one so it is valid (at the minute) only received it yesterday, I just want rid tbh! thought about buying and selling on ebay but a bit of a faff lol

Old 21 Dec 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Would never buy a House of Fraser card - it is shutting a whole load of stores next year, use it quick or use zeek - it will be valued low. Would just use it to buy something I needed - crockery/towels/nice booze/whatever.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List