Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
We had to produce the energy efficiency certificate, new home 10 yr warranty thing & boiler service certificate. We had to purchase a sales pack from the management company we pay a service charge to and have to leave a £200 retainer fee for any outstanding amount when we leave. Apparently we get that back in 12months.
Then there was all the searches, ID, finance proof for mortgage and their own valuation.

I think everything else has been sue to leasehold.
Luckily we are paid Up to January 2022 and they just take a letter about moving for the estate maintenance
I’d done etc etc
I don’t think I’ve ever done anything as stressing as this move and I’ll never move again
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

It certainly can be stressful! I definitely didn't think we'd still be in this house over 6 months later.
Hoping for a positive update this week.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

We have exchanged contracts this morning 😁 a huge relief! Completing Thursday
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Congratulations! It must be such a relief
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We’ve sold our house and completed on it, so we’re back at my parents while we wait for our new house to be built. We’ve exchanged contracts etc and just waiting for it to be ready now, should be Oct-Nov
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are in Scotland and things seem to move quicker here. Sellers have a home report done before putting it on the market and contracts are exchanged within a couple of weeks if there are no issues with completion currently at about 8 weeks from accepting an offer. We moved out of our house on 1st June and are currently renting until our new build house is finished in about 6 weeks time. Every time we move, I say never again😳
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We finally had an email tonight to say the management company has released the information pack we've all been waiting for. 8 weeks it's took them and cost us £400 for the privilege. Hopefully things can actually move along again now.

The process in Scotland sounds so much better.
Old 11 Aug 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
We finally had an email tonight to say the management company has released the information pack we've all been waiting for. 8 weeks it's took them and cost us £400 for the privilege. Hopefully things can actually move along again now.

The process in Scotland sounds so much better.
Fingers crossed things can get moving. I have never felt so stressed, solicitor says things ok but then finds more questions. We were ready to complete last Friday, then sellers solicitor needed redemption figure so our funds had to be sent back which cost us £50, can I claim this from sellers solicitor?
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

We are moving too on Monday 23rd August. We originally sold late May but then our buyer lost her buyer 😬. We agreed to give her 2 weeks to find another but this didn’t happen so end of June we put our house back on the market …. It sold again in just 6 hours . Sale agreed on June 30th and everything then ran like clockwork …. Still stressful. As at every stage we were expecting things to go wrong . We exchanged on 9th August and Completion is set for 23rd … We asked for this date as are moving to a new build and want all our flooring and blinds done 1st ( all scheduled for next week ).
Ours apart from at the beginning has been very straightforward but still very stressful , and everyone hitting road blocks you have my deepest sympathy….
We cannot wait now to be in our new home… very excited
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I'm buying a field. No buildings on it, just a big parcel of grass. I can't believe how long it's taking when they don't even have to do searches! My solicitors are rubbish and never contact me; I have taken to calling them every Tuesday. sometimes my agent is busy and I'm offered a call back. They have never ONCE called me back. I'm supposed to exchange on Friday and I've had no directions from them on this
PCS Legal - don't use them
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List