Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 21, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

34 here, for fibroids also, honestly it was one of the best things, I felt amazing afterwards, i hadn't realised how much energy they'd been taking from me each month. Recovery wise, I was fine, back to the gym after 6 weeks, I just walked every day, started off very slowly and got faster and faster. Good luck.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’m sorry this is happening to you
I’m 39 and I had an ablation 2 years ago due to painful periods and cysts etc
They tried this instead of going straight to hysterectomy
Right now it’s working which is good
But good luck with everything
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am 48 and seeing the consultant on Monday regarding a hysterectomy. So I completely understand your worries and concerns. It doesn’t help that I am a complete whimp!
Do you bleed afterwards? I didn’t think there would be anything left to bleed 🙈
What is the recovery time frame? Can you still drive? My youngest needs to get to school and my husband will be at work, he is a teacher so can’t take term time off.
I don’t even know how long the waiting list is for the operation, I assume its longer than usual due to covid.
Sorry OP I seem to have bombarded your post with more questions 🙈🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

i am booked in 23rd November, seeing pre opp clinic today as am currently in hospital whilst they try too stop bleeding as losing so much coz of horrid fibroids like previous posters. i too like others posters am a whimp, cant even watch casualty and thats not real. i faint at needles too. its the thought of it all and the pain but by christmas should be so much better. Shares in Always are going to drop dramatically!
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by zoebums View Post
i am booked in 23rd November, seeing pre opp clinic today as am currently in hospital whilst they try too stop bleeding as losing so much coz of horrid fibroids like previous posters. i too like others posters am a whimp, cant even watch casualty and thats not real. i faint at needles too. its the thought of it all and the pain but by christmas should be so much better. Shares in Always are going to drop dramatically!
Do you mind me asking how long you waited for a surgery date once it was decided you needed the hysterectomy?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
What is the recovery time frame? Can you still drive? My youngest needs to get to school and my husband will be at work, he is a teacher so can’t take term time off.
I don’t even know how long the waiting list is for the operation, I assume its longer than usual due to covid.
Earlier this year I had ovaries, fallopian tubes & a large cyst removed last year, my waiting time was one week, although I asked for the op to be delayed a few weeks as we had a week away booked. I think it entirely depends on you local NHS authority.

I had keyhole, although the op ended up more complicated due to endo, and I started driving after 2 weeks. Before that I really didn't have the energy and no core strength. Do you have someone who could help with getting your youngest to school?
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

As most others have said, it was the best thing that happened for me. I had the lot taken away & can honestly say I never realised how ill I had been for years until I had it done and recovered. You must do as they say afterwards & take it easy, or you risk ending up back in hospital, as a friend did who thought she knew better than her surgeon - you are unable to drive legally for 6 weeks after a GA anyway and there is no way I could have even gotten into a car even if I had wanted to anyway for those 6 weeks! As others have said do the exercises you are recommended or you will regret it! I had to go on HRT within 2 days of the op & that was well worth doing. Any operation is a frightening experience but trust us you will not regret it once its done and you start to feel fantastic & that you have gotten your life back.
Old 28 Oct 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Totally understand how anxious you are feeling. I had a subtotal hysterectomy at 43, due to fibroids. Hoped for keyhole but ended up with keyhole scars and open surgery. Managed to keep ovaries as didnt want immediate menopause. First time for anaesthetic, groggy afterwards and sick on day 2. Recovery was tough initially, take things very slowly. I went back to work after 8 weeks, took a while to recover properly but so much relief after all those years with problems.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am 48 and seeing the consultant on Monday regarding a hysterectomy. So I completely understand your worries and concerns. It doesn’t help that I am a complete whimp!
Do you bleed afterwards? I didn’t think there would be anything left to bleed 🙈
Sorry OP I seem to have bombarded your post with more questions 🙈🙈
I did bleed for a few days afterwards, plenty of nighttime pads and old underwear to throw away. My op was done within a week so no long wait. I did make a lot of freezer meals in the week before so no cooking for family to do. Fibre rich food and some mild laxatives, going to the toilet was very painful for a few days.
Mine was an abdominal hysterectomy and I couldn’t drive for 6 weeks. The first week I could hardly walk round the house never mind go out. You really do need to rest and definitely no lifting heavy items like shopping. It is the best way for a quicker recovery. I had no family local and my husband couldn’t take time off so I asked a mum from school to take our daughter and bring her home.

Hope all goes well at your appointment next week.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
As most others have said, it was the best thing that happened for me. I had the lot taken away & can honestly say I never realised how ill I had been for years until I had it done and recovered. You must do as they say afterwards & take it easy, or you risk ending up back in hospital, as a friend did who thought she knew better than her surgeon - you are unable to drive legally for 6 weeks after a GA anyway and there is no way I could have even gotten into a car even if I had wanted to anyway for those 6 weeks! As others have said do the exercises you are recommended or you will regret it! I had to go on HRT within 2 days of the op & that was well worth doing. Any operation is a frightening experience but trust us you will not regret it once its done and you start to feel fantastic & that you have gotten your life back.

This 100% except I couldn't go on HRT for 8 weeks post op due to the risk of a post surgery clot - that was 10 years ago though.

Was very definitely the best decision ever, I also had a total abdominal hysterectomy
Anne K is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List