Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Nov 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
which year are your tickets, 2021 or 2022 and do you have dining credit?
Next year 2022. And only onsite 2 nights so no dining credits.
Old 4 Nov 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nickand
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
I have upgraded to genie + with ATD. I’ve just received my ticket numbers so linked them to MDE. Includedis Disney photo pass lense. If anyone know what that is please share. X
photolense will give you fancy features when taking pictures when your genie+ is active on the day you visit.

photopass-lenses

Edited at 02:13 PM.
nickand is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

I’ve added genie plus to my booking with Disney too. I just called them and they added it no problem for next sept
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Chrissymickey
I want to go now!

I booked with Tui with dining credits , I would like to add Genie+ but unsure if they can do it without losing dining credit...
Chrissymickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chrissymickey View Post
I booked with Tui with dining credits , I would like to add Genie+ but unsure if they can do it without losing dining credit...
Ring them and ask
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

So this works out cheaper over 9 days of use or more? Based on current exchange rates and pricing of course?

Will speak to ATD i dont want to lose the dining credit and or $250 voucher.

Edited at 03:49 PM.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
So this works out cheaper over 9 days of use or more? Based on current exchange rates and pricing of course?

Will speak to ATD i dont want to lose the dining credit and or $250 voucher.
Yes, so if you think you can make use of G+ for at least 9 days, then it's better to add it in advance. We were only planning on using it for a max of 4 days if needed (2 MK and 2HS as it doesn't really seem like it's needed for AK and EP from the vlogs I've been watching). We're going iin September, so hoping for low crowds and standby times, so we're going to wait and make the call when we're there.

It can be added with Disney direct bookings, but TAs are saying they can't at the moment. Hopefully they'll be able to sort something out with Disney to enable it soon for those what want to add it in advance.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
added more info to main bullet list in post 2
  • To add Genie+ to current Ultimate tickets, you need to ring your TA or Disney and they will do over the phone. It will be added for full length of days of ticket. What they are actually doing is a new booking, changing your ticket to the new Magic ticket.
  • If you currently have an Ultimate ticket with dining plan, and you phone to add Genie + to your ticket, you will loose the dining plan, as the dining plan is only valid with the old ultimate tickets, not the new Magic tickets.
  • Genie + can be added at in person at the Kiosks at the park. As far as I know, at the kiosks it can be added for full length of ticket at the kiosks.
  • When adding Genie+ you can select which tickets or person to add it to when you have multiple people/ tickets linked in MDE. You do not have to add it for everyone in the party.
You might want to either delete this post or update it as the information is incorrect. Plus you mention Dining Plan which could be confusing for some
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Yes, so if you think you can make use of G+ for at least 9 days, then it's better to add it in advance. We were only planning on using it for a max of 4 days if needed (2 MK and 2HS as it doesn't really seem like it's needed for AK and EP from the vlogs I've been watching). We're going iin September, so hoping for low crowds and standby times, so we're going to wait and make the call when we're there.

It can be added with Disney direct bookings, but TAs are saying they can't at the moment. Hopefully they'll be able to sort something out with Disney to enable it soon for those what want to add it in advance.
We are roughly there at the same time. I think i will wait like you to see how it pans out. I didnt factor in a few water park days to.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
We are roughly there at the same time. I think i will wait like you to see how it pans out. I didnt factor in a few water park days to.
Yes, you're not long after us! I'd also like to hear some feedback from Dibbers actually using it when they go - lots going before us! It will be interesting to see what actual experiences are at busy times, quieter times etc.

We're also planning 4 waterpark days and 1 day offsite at KSC, so that takes us to the breakeven point anyway.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List