Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Lost my love for travel

It’s slowly come to dawn on me over the past weeks/months that I have absolutely no interest in traveling anymore.
I have a big birthday coming up in the next few weeks and our plan was to go to California next year as a birthday trip.
As time has gone on I have begun to dread the thought of going abroad more and more.
It’s so weird as pre Covid I always had a holiday booked or planned. I just don’t know what has flicked that switch in me.
Am I even allowed to post on here anymore?🙈😂
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I was kind of feeling that way too,I've lost count on how many holidays we've had cancelled and the more it happened the less bothered I was.We are off to Orlando in less that 4 weeks and if this one wasn't happening,I reckon we would just give up and holiday in The Highlands all the time.It's a strange feeling as we lived for our holidays.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

It might (hopefully?) just be that you are out of practice? I was in Paris last week, beforehand I kept saying to DH that I didn’t want to go. I always have some pre travel anxiety, but usually just some nerves the day before / on the day of travel whereas last week, I was saying that I didn’t know why I booked it and would be happy not going away again ever.

I am glad I did the short trip before we have a longer trip and longer flight coming up in January. I will probably have my usual pre flight nerves but I think I feel otherwise I will be ok about January now. So maybe plan a mini trip somewhere and see how you feel?
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I feel the same. I’m not that bothered about going away anymore and I too lived for my holidays. I feel a bit of a fraud coming on here really because I cannot ever see me going to Florida again !
Maybe when the trip reports start coming in we’ll get our mojo back !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

The pre flight testing is killing the love of travel for me - the uncertainty of not knowing until 2 days before I board a flight that I can actually go does kill the excitement and general build up.

Although we are going in a few weeks this is to basically use up the flights and accommodation cancelled due to COVID.

Not really sure I am in any rush to book anywhere ready for next year just yet.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

It’s all the extra worry, not about catching covid but the “will we get to go rollercoaster”, having to test for a holiday really takes out any excitement as literally until you take the Tests you have no idea if you will go or not.

Same for us, we had to test for a cruise last year I kept saying don’t get excited until we step foot into that ship !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
The pre flight testing is killing the love of travel for me - the uncertainty of not knowing until 2 days before I board a flight that I can actually go does kill the excitement and general build up.
That's exactly how we feel.

We've had three cancelled but I suppose we just shrugged our shoulders and thought the same as millions of others.

We're being tested tomorrow for Tuesday's flights but the suitcases aren't even out of the loft yet. In a normal year they'd have been lying open on the spare bed for a week now.

Mary Poppins - you're still fine posting here. We haven't been to a WDW park since 2010 but still regularly post on the Disney Information Bulletin Board.

Mick
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It might (hopefully?) just be that you are out of practice? I was in Paris last week, beforehand I kept saying to DH that I didn’t want to go. I always have some pre travel anxiety, but usually just some nerves the day before / on the day of travel whereas last week, I was saying that I didn’t know why I booked it and would be happy not going away again ever.

I am glad I did the short trip before we have a longer trip and longer flight coming up in January. I will probably have my usual pre flight nerves but I think I feel otherwise I will be ok about January now. So maybe plan a mini trip somewhere and see how you feel?
I have always felt exactly the same Claudette. Hope you enjoyed Paris.
I have been excited about holidays then the couple of days before the anxiety has kicked in and I’ve not wanted to go but once there I have loved it.
It just feels odd now, like it tells me with dread. My passport runs out next year but I don’t think I will bother renewing it.
I’ve planted the seed with DH that he should have a trip away with DS once he finishes his exams in the summer.
Thanks for all the replies, it’s helpful to know I am not the only one having a wobble.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

The testing is the worst especially when you’ve got kids but honestly once that’s out of the way you’ll have the best time! My anxiety was through the roof in July as we did the Disney cruise & we all had to test but it was fine!
So glad we’ve only day 2 tests to do once we get home now, if it had of been testing before coming back to uk I’d probably not travel either!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I’m feeling like that also. We went to Japan in 2019 and couldn’t wait to go back. Two cancelled trips later I seem to have given up. I just have no enthusiasm. We have nothing planned for next year and don’t even talk about it anymore.

I did vaguely think of a couple of city breaks in europe but I just can’t be bothered with all the faff.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List