Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Fundraiser selling costs help

Hiya

So I'm looking to make sweetie cones and reindeer hot choc cones as a fundraiser for my dd dance school. I've not bought the stuff yet but do have a cash and carry card. I just wondered how much folk would pay for these things generally? I was thinking £2 for sweets (they'll be full and not just full of marshmallows lol) and £1.50 for the reindeer hot choc or 2 for £3?

If I can figure out an acceptable selling price, I should be able to figure out what to buy.

Eta I'm hoping to get parents to preorder so we don't get loads of waste and so it's easier for teachers to hand out. Or even to give an idea if it's something they would like. Parents don't go in to collect anymore so it's a bit tricky.

Edited at 03:03 PM.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I think your price point sounds pretty good. The pupils at my sons primary made these and sold them at the Christmas show a couple of years ago for a similar price to raise funds for the school.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
I think your price point sounds pretty good. The pupils at my sons primary made these and sold them at the Christmas show a couple of years ago for a similar price to raise funds for the school.
Thank you hopefully it'll go well.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
... I was thinking £2 for sweets (they'll be full and not just full of marshmallows lol) and £1.50 for the reindeer hot choc or 2 for £3?
Your price point sounds just about right!

Your idea of a bulk buy discount leaves a little to be desired though

(Unless you meant one of each for £3, then it is a saving)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Is the fundraiser in your daughters school? Where I work I doubt many parents would pre-order/pay up front but I guess it depends on the area, also I'd check with school first if the teachers would be happy handing things out to children that are not actually related to school.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Your price point sounds just about right!

Your idea of a bulk buy discount leaves a little to be desired though

(Unless you meant one of each for £3, then it is a saving)
Hahahahaha, I did mean one of each yeah, need to work on my marketing lol.
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Abbysmum View Post
Is the fundraiser in your daughters school? Where I work I doubt many parents would pre-order/pay up front but I guess it depends on the area, also I'd check with school first if the teachers would be happy handing things out to children that are not actually related to school.
Its a Performing Arts/Dance school so evenings. They have student teachers helping out who would be able to help sell etc. as adults can't go in still due to covid. Although there is a big hall where they can collect the kids so thats possible but would encourage a crown so I'm not sure whats best. There are loads of classes with different age groups over the week so really tricky to pre plan numbers wise. The funds raised would be for the competition teams of the dance school.
Old 2 Dec 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Labelling for ingredients used?
Do you need to comply with the new Natasha's law?
This might make it difficult to sell as schools need to comply.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by storm View Post
Labelling for ingredients used?
Do you need to comply with the new Natasha's law?
This might make it difficult to sell as schools need to comply.
I'll Google that but it's not an actual school if that makes sense. I'll certainly look into it though!
Old 2 Dec 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
I'll Google that but it's not an actual school if that makes sense. I'll certainly look into it though!
It might be worth actually putting the ingredients (just copy them from the packaging) onto the order form (and only sell via that method) so you have complied and parents can make a choice in advance on whether they would be an issue for their kids.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List