Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Fast Passes on Rest Days?

Hi,

I need to book my fast passes today. I have planned some rest days in and some waterpark days - my question is, should I just book some fastpasses for these days incase we do make it to a park?

Would it be a waste of time to go all the way to a park, just to do 3 rides or so?

We are staying at CBR and the kids are 4-8.

Thanks
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

You could book them then if you decide not to go cancel them the night before so someone else can use them.
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Use them to book evening rides. You still get to have "rest days" but could -depending on children's bed times- go and do a couple of rides and maybe see the fireworks. You're onsite so not too far to go. And as previous poster said cancel them if you change your mind.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have fast passes booked for every day. We went through our itinerary last night and decided which ones were likely to be on days were we wouldn't be hitting a park and will decide the day before if we want them or not. Will cancel so others can have them. Always useful in case your plans change .

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I would book them in case you have a change of plan.

We had about 6 waterpark days and had fastpasses booked for the evening it worked well when parks are open late like on eve emh days or if you're happy doing just 3 or 4 rides.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have FP booked for every day but do intend to use them as we generally don't have rest days. Some are for morning and some for evening though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post

We have waterpark/shopping/offsite days planned so I'll be booking FP's for the evening as we'll be in the parks a lot for dinner. All other days I'll be hitting parks at rope drop and planning FP's for late morning (we usually return to hotel around 1/2pm for swim/nap!)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

The parks are definitely more than just rides! We spent one night in Hollywood Studios and just rode one thing. There's shows, parades, shops, plenty to do and see!

We had a water park day to Blizzard Beach left there around 3:30 and then got changed and headed to Magic Kingdom at 5pm, we had 3 fast passes booked and managed to get on one additional ride after we'd used these before stopping to watch Happily Ever After and then we got a Mickey's mini kitchen sink to eat outside while watching the goodnight show, was perfect!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I tend to book Fps for the evening shows on water park pays. FP reflections, fantasmic for example.
Old 15 Aug 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I'd book fastpasses for the evenings. Gives you time to rest during the day but you might want to go out to a park in the evening for fireworks etc. You can easily cancel if you decide you are not going to use them.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List