Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 May 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018 - Day Three- Disneyland Park

Weather Cold and Grey - Coat weather

Woke up early and got into breakfast buffet early - there was no Q and I found everything I wanted for breakfast.
I headed for the bus and had a 10 minute wait - not too bad.

Arrived at the Disneyland park early enough for MMH to still be on. As my planned BTM was not open yet I changed all my plans and headed to Discovery Land for Hyper space Mountain

It was fun but a bit rough on a full stomach.

Star Tours was not supposed to be open but it was so I went in as it had a 5 minute wait.

I rode it 4 times and was surprised to get one in English. Also I find it odd that in row 5 my feet don't touch the ground but they can on all the other row.

I bought 2 Star Wars badges for my collection.

Next I headed to Fantasyland

It was time to have a chilled time after all the star wars rides and I headed to it's a small world (a ride I will not ride in Florida as too scary for me )

This ride was a lot better than the Florida version - lots of animal and the dolls were mumbling - so not so scary - I actually enjoyed it.

The next ride was Les Pays Des Contes De Fees (a boat ride with miniature village)

And on the boat ride I noticed a little train circling me - so it was not on my list to ride but had to try it

It was Casey Jr- Le Petit Train du Cirque (Dumbos Circus Train) - it was fun and we had missed it on the families last trip.

I tried to get into Les Voyages de Pinocchio - but it had a 60 minute wait time so carried on to Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains (snow white ride) which had only a 10 minute wait.

It was a scary ride through the dark woods

Carrying round the park I entered Adventure Land

The first ride was Pirates of The Caribbean

In the Q I met a Canadian family of a Grandma and two Grandkids who were over for the week and found the DLP hotels too expensive and were staying much further out. They had also bought the cheaper ticket the previous day and were caught out when Studios shut at 7 and they could not park hop and their bus did not come until 9.00. I later heard another person complain about the same thing - so people must be caught out by the cheaper €79 ticket rather than the €99 ticket.

We rode the ride together and found it was another ride better than Florida imo as it was quieter and had a nice cave you go through.

It was by this time 12.30 and I headed over to BTM

It had a 30 minute ride but the FP I collected was for 20 minutes time so I chilled and had a snack. My FP time came up and I rode the ride next to another lady and we were both surprised to get wet on the ride.
After I got off the ride I headed back to the FP ticket station and the same French lady gave me a FP to use with 10 minutes left on top of the one I had just collected.

So I rode BTM another two times in a row using the FP's - it is a stunning ride and so smooth and yes you guessed it - better than Florida IMO.

By this time I was very hungry and headed to Fuente Del Oro Resturante and ordered OOP - The line in here was the longest line I queued in all day (around 30 mins)

My Lunch - I forgot what it was called but Cheesy Chips and Salad

It was very nice and I found a table to eat at no problem.

The boat at the Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing was loading and I got straight on to the boat

The ducks were playing in the wake of the boat

To my annoyance they are completely refurbishing Phantom Manor so I took pictures from the boat.

After the boat ride I sat watching the ducks ( I always get a picture of ducks in theme parks - another story )

When I noticed people waving at me from BTM

The ride had stopped and I watch for 30 minutes as they evacuated the ride.

They then tested 11 cars before letting people back on the ride again.

It was 4.40 and I thought I would watch the parade again but it was too busy and I could not get near so I headed for my fav Star Tours

I rode it 3 times as there was no Q on it as everyone was watching the parade.

By this time it was time for my Plasa Gardens Reservation at 6.15 and the food was very nice and the puddings were too

I chilled and people watched after my dinner and enjoyed a walk around the castle

I love the Dragon (hard to take picture on an iphone in the dark)

The Q on Pinoccio was down to 10 minutes so I rode it but found out I did not know all of the story it was a good ride.

IASW had no Q on so I rode it again and rested my feet.

I decided to leave the park and found a cast member drawing on the sidewalk.

I had a look around ' The Village' and found this in the Lego Shop

My feet were tired so I headed back to the hotel as the busy day had been good having rode 20 rides.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

You're getting a lot done! I love BTM and have heard it's even better since the refurb (well, when it's working that is!). We are booked for next May half-term so I'm glad to see not all the wait times are horrendous. I'm still not completely confident with the prospect of the paper FPs, but I'm sure we'll work it out!

Thanks for sharing your trip and tips.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

I agree, loads done again.

I have to agree with you that POtC and BTM are better in Paris than Florida

That sucks about Phantom Manor

Thankfully you got to ride BTM a couple of times before it broke down. Those poor people, 30 minutes!

I loved the dinner at Plaza Gardens, the desserts are fab.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Impressed you rode so many rides.

Lucky getting to ride Big Thunder Mountain 3 times before it stopped working - I would hate to be evacuated from a ride.

The Mickey in the Lego Store is very impressive.

I am not surprised your feet hurt - that was a really busy day!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List