Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Jul 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile Paying the balance

Has anybody used transferwise to pay the balance of their dvc purchase? Is it accepted? Does anybody have any recommendations?
Old 29 Jul 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

hi

Not sure if you have a usa bank acc ? - however i use transferwise to transfer money to my usa bank acc for my dvc direct debit annual dues?

Stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by stace View Post
hi

Not sure if you have a usa bank acc ? - however i use transferwise to transfer money to my usa bank acc for my dvc direct debit annual dues?

Stacey
No unfortunately we don’t have a us bank account. We have a transaction free credit card that use to pay our dues so never seemed to need one. I asked the company handling the purchase if we can use transferwise and they just said another office handle the money so they don’t know.
Old 29 Jul 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
No unfortunately we don’t have a us bank account. We have a transaction free credit card that use to pay our dues so never seemed to need one. I asked the company handling the purchase if we can use transferwise and they just said another office handle the money so they don’t know.
it is just like doing a bacs transfer so i would of thought it will be ok if they send you there usa bank acc details?

when i use it i need the usa routing number and account number

hope you get it sorted

stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Use Hifx. Very good company, I was very impressed. Much better rates than using your bank.
Old 29 Jul 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Our daughter used them (transferwise) last last year while in Florida and they were good.

When we paid our DVC last year we used currencies direct and couldn’t fault them.
Old 29 Jul 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Mobile

I filled in all the details on transferwise but it said the recipient wouldn’t accept the payment. Have two to do. Have done first online via the bank (cost me £25 ouch). Will see if it goes through and then try hifx for the next one.
Old 1 Aug 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I thought you could just pay the balance any time with a debit card on the DVC website?

Edit: just double checked and you certainly can. That's what we did and it hasn't changed. You can enter the whole amount on there. Paid with my UK debit card.

Edited at 07:08 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I thought you could just pay the balance any time with a debit card on the DVC website?

Edit: just double checked and you certainly can. That's what we did and it hasn't changed. You can enter the whole amount on there. Paid with my UK debit card.
I think you are talking about dues or a direct purchase. I’m talking about a resale purchase, not through Dvc.
Old 2 Aug 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
I think you are talking about dues or a direct purchase. I’m talking about a resale purchase, not through Dvc.
Ah OK 😊
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List