Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 6 Aug 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Dubai and Japan Summer 2018 Day 7

Today was Disneyland day! Yay!

We booked our tickets online through the official Disney website which we found quite tricky as it’s only open for certain hours and closes every evening for maintenance. It also wouldn’t accept payment by Barclaycard which was a pain as I like to buy things online with my credit card.

The purchasing of tickets is not as flexible as in the USA. For example, if you buy a 2 day pass you have to use them consecutively and are unable to have a rest day in between which ideally is what we would like to have done.

We once again went on the JR line Yamonte. At Tokyo we switched lines to the Keiyo line and that took you straight to Disneyland. We didn’t need any extra tickets today as our JR pass covered our trip.

It was 7.30 when we arrived and the queue was massive! There was a sea of people as far as the eye could see! We sat and ate watermelon whilst we waited and we people watched!

People watching is fun in Japan. People take their organised /synchronised theming to the extremes. Large groups of people all wear exactly the same clothes from their heads to their toes!

Eventually we began to move and actually even though it looked massive the queue moved quite quickly. Soon we were in!

The World Bazaar is the equivalent of Main Street and it’s realky pretty and the music playing is a typical Disney greeting song.

As you emerge from the other side you get your first view of the castle. It doesn’t seem as big as Magic Kingdoms. It might be but doesn’t seem it.

Once through the bazaar we headed straight for thunder mountain rail road. This ride was great. Better than Florida’s I think. It seemed to have a larger drop. We got a fast pass for splash mountain as soon as we got off the ride but it wasn’t until 14:45! This was at 8:30 in the morning. I know lots of people don’t like the new fast pass system but having experienced both I definitely do. By the time we had used our fast pass at 14:45 we couldn’t get any more fast passes as they had all gone for all rides. Which just shows how busy it gets.

After thunder mountain we went on It’s a Small World. I make my kids go on it every time as I tell them it’s tradition! I actually really liked it. It’s more modern and seemed fresh compared to WDW plus it was lovely and cool!

Chewie ears at the ready we headed to Star Tours. Even though it was in Japanese you could easily follow the story which is pretty much the same as in HS.

At some point in the day we stopped for food. The boys all had mickey pizza. Again I really struggled. Even the pumpkin salad had meat on it. I ended up with fries and a dessert that DS9 scoffed!
This means in 2 days I’d eaten an egg mayonnaise sandwich I’d found in a shop, cheese and crackers, some watermelon chunks, French fries and a bite of a dessert. I was ready for proper food!

We waited a really long time for space mountain which was fantastic! Really quick and very dark!
After we decided to head off. It had been a really long day. We hadn’t seen half of what we wanted to see. Hardly been in the show and we missed out on the parade. There just isn’t time to see everything in one day.

On the way home we stopped at an Indian restaurant. I had a vegetable biryiani. Finally something other than fries!

Tomorrow we are heading to Disney sea. The weather forecast has forecasted a cooler day. I really hope it’s right!

Edited at 10:17 PM.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

You would have been able to get another fastpass about half ten, you didn't need to wait until that one was used.

Great report so far
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Fortytwo
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
You would have been able to get another fastpass about half ten, you didn't need to wait until that one was used.

Great report so far
How does the fastpass system work in Tokyo- is it one every 2 hours?
Fortytwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
How does the fastpass system work in Tokyo- is it one every 2 hours?
It's the exact same as the old WDW fastpass. Your fastpass will tell you when you can get a new one - either 2/3 hours ( don't remember exactly timings) or once that one is used. Whichever comes first
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post

Great report so far
Yes. You are right. We figured that out the day after at Disney Sea. Much prefer the new system.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Yes. You are right. We figured that out the day after at Disney Sea. Much prefer the new system.
100% agree! Love the new system.
Old 18 Aug 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fortytwo
Proud to wear my Ears

Ah, ok thanks for the info, I had completely forgotten how the old fastpass worked!
Fortytwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List