Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Aug 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Vero Beach

We are not really beach people but am fancying Vero for a few days next year but no nothing about the resort!

Can you give me a brief low down lol

Time from Disney for travel, things to do, food etc

Cheers in advance
Old 3 Aug 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We are also not beach people and did 3 days in August 2016. It's a lovely resort. Our son was 14 so we spent some time by the pool and about 3 hrs one morning on the beach while he jet skied and kayaked and body surfed. He and my hubby did a canoe excursion where they saw manatees while I went to the spa 😉. We played crazy golf, roasted marshmallows round the campfire. Joined in a quiz one night. Explored the local area and basically chilled. We visited the space centred on the way back to WDW. Not sure we will ever go back and couldn't have voted with more days than that but pleased we did it and our feet loved us for the rest 😂.
This was the view from our room over the ocean. It as stunning.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
cpjw
Proud to wear my Ears

It’s about 2 hours down from Orlando, I think. We stop off on the way down, so not too sure. Loads of places nearby to eat, but you will need to drive. Indian River Mall is nearby, Sebastian Inlet, museums, tropical gardens, Navy Seals museum, etc. On site there are water sports, golf, bikes for hire, the turtle trek, canoeing. Absolutely love the resort and the rooms are fantastic. I was hugely disappointed with our room at SSR this year having been at VB the week before.

Edited at 10:41 AM.
cpjw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

We went last year and I have to say of the seven DVC resorts we have been lucky enough to stay it, this is by far my personal favourite.
We didn't have very good weather - usually cloudy and rain on and off but very warm. I love the beach but don't sea sports. Beautiful walks on the beach choosing the home we would buy we won the lottery. You definitely need a car. Very relaxed vibe but classy at the same time. Pool is good with lots of space around in the shade. The food is alright, rather than fantastic. Drinks and food are very expensive, after the first night we kept stuff in our room from the local store. Beautiful room - more modern and much lighter than most DVC Suites. We had a high level balcony sea view and we spent many hours watch the sun sipping a glass of something chilled.
I love to paint and sketch so lots of that going on. DS then 14 was a little bored as there isn't much in the way of activities but he soon relaxed, napped, read and swam. Good outlets nearby, nice restaurants and lovely local art galleries and small niche shops.
We will definitely return.
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Lovely resort but in one word... Noseeums totally spoiled it for me! I love the beach, sitting out at night, being at the pool, but throughout this you needed to be covered with spray (even during the day). Some people were bitten hundreds of times! I know this may not bother some people but I hate being bitten so totally spoiled the whole experience for me. The resort and rooms are lovely.
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List