Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 25 Jul 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pea007
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Universal Annual pass affected by price increase?

I’m arriving bing next week and intend on upgrading to annual passes on arrival - does anybody know if the recent 14 day pass price increase has affected annual passes at all please? Thanks in advance x
Pea007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pea007 View Post
I’m arriving bing next week and intend on upgrading to annual passes on arrival - does anybody know if the recent 14 day pass price increase has affected annual passes at all please? Thanks in advance x
Do you mean has the price of the Annual Passes increased recently?

If so, then no. The Annual Passes are still the same price as they were previously. The same applies to the other American Universal ticket prices.

The cheapest Annual Pass - a 2-Park Seasonal Annual Pass - is currently still $285 + tax. That works out at about £235 and is therefore slightly cheaper than the price of a 14-day ticket from most places.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Do you mean has the price of the Annual Passes increased recently?

If so, then no. The Annual Passes are still the same price as they were previously. The same applies to the other American Universal ticket prices.

The cheapest Annual Pass - a 2-Park Seasonal Annual Pass - is currently still $285 + tax. That works out at about £235 and is therefore slightly cheaper than the price of a 14-day ticket from most places.
I think they meant that the UK tickets were giving a trade in value of circa $280 against an annual pass. Now the UK pass has gone up in price, will the trade in value increase.

I'd be interested to know this too. For anyone that's out there soon and trying it.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I think they meant that the UK tickets were giving a trade in value of circa $280 against an annual pass. Now the UK pass has gone up in price, will the trade in value increase.
That's why I asked.

And it's sort of the reason why I pointed out that the 2-Park Seasonal Pass is now cheaper than buying a 14 day ticket - so currently it's better if you buy one of these outright rather than upgrading.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That's why I asked.

And it's sort of the reason why I pointed out that the 2-Park Seasonal Pass is now cheaper than buying a 14 day ticket - so currently it's better if you buy one of these outright rather than upgrading.
I agree, but for those of us who already have the 14 day ticket, it would be useful to know what value Universal are now giving for them.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pea007
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Yes apologies for not being clear I did mean has the ‘trade in’ value of the card increased as I notice the annual pass prices are still the same.

We have 14 day 3 park tickets and plan on upgrading day one so I’ll let you know if we don’t get an answer before - we go at the back end of next week xx
Pea007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We did it on 11th July, so before this recent uk increase, the value was $310
Old 8 Aug 18, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We upgraded our 2017 3 park ticket on Sunday. We were advised last year that we were unable to upgrade but when we arrived home I saw on here that lots of people had managed to upgrade, I emailed Universal and they agreed we could upgrade when we arrived this year.

Initially I was quoted $21 for the four passes which was for the seasonal annual pass upgrade for the two main parks. When I said I still wanted the 3 park pass she said it would be $418.

It does go to show it all depends on who serves you. On the morning we were upgrading the queue was huge at will call. It took us over an hour to get to the front of the line and by the time we got there we were all literally dripping, it was boiling.

The girl who served us was very apologetic for the length of time we'd had to queue so offered us express passes for the day. As we were staying at RPR we said we already had them. She then said as an apology she'd give us a discount.

We ended up paying $172 for the four seasonal annual passes for all three parks. The best part, as she'd put a discount code in this removed the details of our 2017 passes meaning we now have another 12 months on our passes.

I saw a great result, DH just sees another expensive Florida trip within the next 12 months.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List