Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Aug 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Snack & Dining Nostalgia- what do you miss?

I remember going to Disney as a little girl (1991-1995 ish) and there being these massive barrels at lots of snack locations. They used to contain pickles.. huge ones! I see the familiar massive turkey legs but I have yet to see a pickle in a barrel!

Also the soft serve machene at Gasparilla Island Grill when I was a kid was amazing. You could pull these huge servings of vanilla choc swirl and cover them with sprinkles. Those were the days!

Anyone else have anything they would like to see again?!

Edited at 09:19 PM.
Toff Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

The Star Wars character breakfasts at the Sci Fi diner during the Star Wars weekends.
Great food. Star Wars pastries, blue milk, the Imperial Delight (Caramelised Banana Stuffed French toast with Caramel Sauce and Strawberry Compote) and at the end the sweet surprise.
Great characters Darth V, Boba, Greedo, Stormtroopers and Jawas.
All while sitting watching Star Wars clips.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
They used to do tubs of caramel popcorn in MK, only ever saw that on our first visit in 2003.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
The Star Wars character breakfasts at the Sci Fi diner during the Star Wars weekends.
Great food. Star Wars pastries, blue milk, the Imperial Delight (Caramelised Banana Stuffed French toast with Caramel Sauce and Strawberry Compote) and at the end the sweet surprise.
Great characters Darth V, Boba, Greedo, Stormtroopers and Jawas.
All while sitting watching Star Wars clips.
That does sound amazing!
Old 8 Aug 18, 04:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

The character dining at Chef Mickey's used to be random characters - and lots of them. I remember Prince John demanding my mum's engagement ring for taxes . We also did a great experience where we had breakfast then were walked to the ToT (it must have been around the time it opened). Lots of Aladdin characters at that breakfast too. I really miss Ken's blue cheese sauce packets too, so much so, I want to start a campaign to bring them back
Also the McDonald's fries locations dotted around the parks: Refreshment Port at Epcot, Trilo-bites at AK, there was one near Splash at MK and I can't remember the HS one, but they were a great snack... although I do like some of the replacement items in these places

Edited at 04:12 AM.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Definitely the Star Wars breakfast, pricey but brilliant. I'd be gobsmacked if they didn't bring it back at a new location at Galaxies Edge when open.

Le Cellier being one ddp credit at lunch was great as well.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I miss the liquid plastic cheese from the toppings bars! Also i remember from trips as a kid that they used to have these square plastic boxes full of different kinds of sweets which i used to love (no idea what they were though!)

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Mobile

Does anyone remember a sweet shop at the Contemporary? I dont know if my mind is playing tricks on me but I swear we used to go to the level under the one with Chef Mickeys and there was a sweet shop where you cod buy Nerds, sherbert straws and lots of other things!
Old 8 Aug 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Beaver tails at Canada... we should start a petition to bring them back!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List