Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 2 Aug 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018 Day 6 Libby’s first trip to the USA!

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018
Day 6 Libby’s first trip to the USA!

I’m Emily, my husband is Gary and this was our first overseas holiday with our 17 month Libby. We visited family near Toronto and spent a few days in Montreal too.

Before I start, I have hardly any photographs today as we shopped most of it and you can’t take them when crossing the border etc so sorry if it’s a bit of a dull read! The photos I do have are really rubbish too, sorry.

It was time to take Libby into the good ole’ USA . We were crossing the border to hit the American Outlets in Niagara, NY. We left at 9.30 and headed to Timmies. We had Gary’s youngest cousin Bree with us today, so Libby was enjoying some back seat company.

We ordered at Timmies and Bree wanted an ‘Everything’ bagel. When we got the order, Gary was quite disappointed that the ‘Everything’ meant lots of seeds etc. He thought it might be a bagel full of bacon, egg, sausage etc. He'd actually almost changed his order when she said it because its sounded so good but was glad he didn't .

We headed towards the Lewiston Crossing. When we crossed over in 2010 it was sooooo busy and we queued quite a bit both times we went over. I remember the office being absolute chaos too. Today though there were only a few cars in front of us and it was pretty painless.

We pulled over as directed and headed in to the office to get our 90 day visas. As we walked in towards the seating area, the man waved at me before we sat down and called us right over. There were quite a few groups waiting so whether they were waiting on other checks etc or we got fast tracked because of Libby, we’ll never know but everyone else waiting gave us death stares . His pal next to him pitched in to get us sorted super quickly, the only wait we had was me filling in the same form 3 times. They were really friendly.

Bree kept Libby occupied which was a great help, she spent the time trying to get through doors she wasn’t supposed to and climbing up and down on chairs. It was $6 each. We were let free in to the USA by 11am! Woohoo !

We headed to the Fashion Outlets at Niagara US. Libby was really sleepy but had resisted car napping the whole way. We thought she might fall asleep in her buggy but she didn’t . She didn’t fall asleep once in her buggy the whole holiday, other than when we’d transferred her from the car already sleeping the previous day. She hasn’t once since we got back either, our buggy nap times are well and truly over!

Tired and fussy gal

We all got different things in the food court for lunch. I had a sub from Philly Steaks, Gary got some kind of Chinese and Bree had Italian. Sorry for the lack of detail or photos! Libby nibbled at them all but wasn’t in a great mood, she kept trying to run away as there were no high chairs to strap her in to!

Gary tried to get her to nap while Bree and I shopped but she resisted so much she gave herself a wee nosebleed so we gave up trying. I got a Michael Kors watch for $60 and we got some bits in the Under Armour shop. Libby got some clothes and Bree got new trainers and a pair of Michael Kors sunglasses (which I would totally have bought if she decided against them, I liked them too!).

I had a go on one of those massage chairs to use up a US $ I had anyway and it felt like someone was killing my back, honestly so sore in a nice massage-y kind of way!

We also went into some sort of shoe shop on the way our where Libby caused chaos...

We left the outlets at 4 Libby fell asleep really quickly. Another danger nap but she was so tired we were just relieved!

We got back into Canada with no wait again. The officer asked Bree what she’d spent as technically Canadians shouldn’t shop when they only go for the day. She said $120 and he was fine with that so off we went .

We nipped to Sobeys supermarket on the way home. Bree stayed in the car with Libby while we ran around grabbing non essentials including all-dressed flavoured crisps (SO good) and beer. It started to rain a little while we were in but it was still soooo humid. We noted how good the fresh counters all looked and agreed we’d come for some lunch the next day!

Dinner tonight was ham with dauphinoise potatoes, it was absolutely delicious.

Bed time was a nightmare due to Libby’s late nap but she eventually went down and we were all in bed by 10pm .

Sorry for the dull day, tomorrow is another chilled one then we head to Montreal J.

Thanks for reading x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
good shopping day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

How amazing to have a day trip to the US... and even better that it included shopping!

Oh my goodness, the thought of Charlie no longer napping in his pushchair is terrifying... its our current sure fire way to get him to sleep! Little monkey, she clearly doesn't want to miss any of the action when you are out and about now!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All caught up with your trip. I really want to visit Canada. We have family living over there now so we should do it. I love Libby’s Blue Jays top. She seems to be having a great time. How cute is the photo of her on the Falls. I love that you went shopping in the USA too. I’m pleased Bree was allowed through with her shopping!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
good shopping day
Thanks for commenting

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
How amazing to have a day trip to the US... and even better that it included shopping!

Oh my goodness, the thought of Charlie no longer napping in his pushchair is terrifying... its our current sure fire way to get him to sleep! Little monkey, she clearly doesn't want to miss any of the action when you are out and about now!
She's never been a great napper anyway but now we have no hope .

Hope you're having an amazing time Lisa, your insta posts are getting me so excited! Charlie looks like he's loving it . Can't wait to read your trip report xx

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
All caught up with your trip. I really want to visit Canada. We have family living over there now so we should do it. I love Libby’s Blue Jays top. She seems to be having a great time. How cute is the photo of her on the Falls. I love that you went shopping in the USA too. I’m pleased Bree was allowed through with her shopping!
Thank you! It's a fantastic country, such a great place to visit. She was in her element, loves exploring new places xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Nice day trip, shame Libby was a bit fussy today, the no nap thing in the buggy must be tricky . Interesting about Canadians not supposed to shop on day trips, I never knew that. It’s brilliant that you can get to the border so quickly and yay to getting fasttracked through !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another good shopping day! I also didn’t know the Canadians shouldn’t shop on a day trip!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Nice day trip, shame Libby was a bit fussy today, the no nap thing in the buggy must be tricky . Interesting about Canadians not supposed to shop on day trips, I never knew that. It’s brilliant that you can get to the border so quickly and yay to getting fasttracked through !
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Another good shopping day! I also didn’t know the Canadians shouldn’t shop on a day trip!
They can shop, they just need to pay the taxes so they don't benefit from the cheaper outlet prices unfortunately! They get an allowance if they stay overnight but its still not much.

Thanks for commenting
Old 30 Aug 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We went to those outlets too I remember the border taking much longer though!

Sad times that your buggy naps are over! Since we got Charlie a new car seat it seems he can see too much to sleep now too - such a nosy hole!

You did some excellent shopping this trip! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List