Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Aug 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Thanks for explaining. I don't think Rider Switch was ever really designed to work with Fast Pass. It was to mitigate having to queue in normal queues twice. One group has to queue for 30 minutes, the second group got to use the ride without a similar wait. It was as simple as that. I don't think it was ever to compensate for inconvenience, just to save you queuing twice.

With Fast Pass this really isn't an issue, just like you say.
If all the parties riding say FOP had to have a FP+ what about the child who can’t ride FOP, they can’t use their own FP+ themselves. While my husband and older kids have FP+ for FoP I’m using mine with with my 4 year old to go on Navi river ride so she can do something and then I will do FoP using rider switch. In all honesty it’s freeing up more FP’s for other people and allowing my non rider child to do something rather than wait around. I think this is exactly the way it’s meant to be used.
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
If all the parties riding say FOP had to have a FP+ what about the child who can’t ride FOP, they can’t use their own FP+ themselves. While my husband and older kids have FP+ for FoP I’m using mine with with my 4 year old to go on Navi river ride so she can do something and then I will do FoP using rider switch. In all honesty it’s freeing up more FP’s for other people and allowing my non rider child to do something rather than wait around. I think this is exactly the way it’s meant to be used.
According to Disney, Rider Switch "allows adult Guests to take turns waiting with youngsters or Guests unable to ride" By definition the wait for a non-rider when a group are using FP and RS will be short. In fact. in the early days of RS I think I remember that you actually waited at the exit of the ride on the platform after you had all queued together.

FP and RS were never designed to work together, as you really do not need RS when your party has FP, but if you see it a different way and it works for you then that's great.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
willmatt
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It think it was meant for both fastpass and regular line.
If everybody riding needed fast passes, the child not riding would still have access to his/her fastpasses, but then would be in a situation of not being able to use them because they would not have anyone able to take them.
willmatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
According to Disney, Rider Switch "allows adult Guests to take turns waiting with youngsters or Guests unable to ride" By definition the wait for a non-rider when a group are using FP and RS will be short.
Yes, but they still have to wait. So, the phrase "allows adult Guests to take turns waiting with youngsters or Guests unable to ride" still applies when using FPs.

Sure, if everyone has fastpasses for the ride then they don't need to use Rider Switch. However, there's nothing on Disney's website that implies that Rider Switch system cannot be used together with the Fastpass+ system. This FAQ on Disney's website implies that it can be:

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ride-planning/

It says "At select attractions, you can also take advantage of our Rider Switch option" and that "you do not need to use FastPass+ service to use the Rider Switch option" - implying that you can use them together if you want to, but you don't need to. There is nothing that says you can not use FastPass+ and Rider Switch together.

So, you're correct that if everyone in your family has fastpasses for the ride then there's no real need to get a Rider Switch pass. Equally though, you can use the Rider Switch system if only half of your family ("Party 1") has fastpasses for the ride.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List