Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Aug 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t blame you for wanting to see his face. I think your younger one would still enjoy it, our 3 year old ds loved the area last year. Your younger one might not be able to do the two bigger rides, but flight of the hippogruff is a lovely coaster for littlies and the queue wasn’t to long, also the train is great fun as well. Like another poster said if you get time the Dr Seuss area is great for younger children and again the queues never seemed to long.
lovemickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Be prepared that adding a day of Universal on top of Disney tickets for your family will cost hundreds, not including travel costs.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think my tip would be to not rush. As others have said the HP areas are comfortably doable in a day, so for example, take your time in places like Diagon Alley etc to let all the detail and atmosphere sink in. Go and talk to Stan Shunpike by the night bus, your DS will be amazed when the shrunken head talks back to him. It's the oldest pun going, but it is truly magical. If an interactive wand is too expensive DS may want to buy his favourite characters wand ($40 last year I think).

Edit: Lol! just asked my DD about a couple of things and now she's decided to sit and binge watch the films again today/this evening...….

Y'all take care
Nick

Edited at 02:11 PM.
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

From memory I think if you take a look at dixonsontour dining reports they have purchased some kind of meal deal at universal that seems great value (and I think it incudes eating at one of the HP restaurants). I'm sure someone else will come along with more info!

Edited to add - I see someone has touched on the dining plan at universal higher up in the thread. My mistake!

Edited at 10:14 PM.
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d definitely do it. My sister is a massive HP fan so last time we went she paid for me and DD to go with her for two days to universal and we had the best time.

If you are only going once in the next 6 years I would definitely get the park to park tickets and do the train journey. I think it’s worth it.
I am not sure if you can get an interactive wand on eBay or anywhere second hand and maybe robes from a supermarket (that’s what we did) and we still had our wand from our first trip and it was great to use it a second time.
Have fun!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 04:57 AM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

We've just had 6 days in Universal and food wise we found we could share the nachos from the Bumblebee Man, the chicken fingers from Mel's diner (seemed bigger portion than elsewhere) and the croissant sandwich platter at Croissant Moon which came with a muffin so we halved both. You can also get free cold water at the food/drink stands.
We also bought the refillable drinks cup. It cost about $8 by must have it up about 12 times one day. You do have to wait about 20 minutes before each refill.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EcosseDibb
Getting Excited

Before we started staying at Universal when doing these parks, we would always hit one park in the morning then stop for lunch at Hard Rock. Took our time, 1.5 hours or so, in the cool and re-fuelling for the afternoon. Really did help us last the pace in the afternoon/early evening.

You could eat cheaper than HR of course, with some of the counter service places at Citywalk, but I'd definitely recommend getting out of the park for an hour or so and take the down time so you (or, the kids more likely) don't run out of steam and lose the enjoyment later in the day.

You will have plenty time to get around all of the HP stuff and a good bit more between 8am and 9pm.

And if you did want to eat somewhere like Hard Rock then the meals are easily shared between 2/3, even most of the appetisers!
EcosseDibb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List