Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've been with both and would go with tui as I like the dream liner and prefer Sanford.
Old 9 Aug 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dan_the_man
slightly serious Dibber

dan_the_man's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I've never flown Thomas Cook to Florida, but have used them for other parts of the USA and have found their seats to be some of the most uncomfortable I have ever had on a flight. Considering that alongside horrendous quality food (even by airline standard) and a poor IFE system, TUI would be an easy recommendation.
dan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
3) Manchester Airport is rapidly descending into a terrible cash grabbing place with horrendous security queues. The rip off parking charges for dropping off are causing all sorts of issues. Security has been terrible at times (flown numerous times out recently on business, once it was unbelievable). Doncaster you literally park up outside and walk in.
I thought Doncaster charged for their nearest drop off too? I may be wrong.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I normally fly into Orlando when staying at WDW as use Magic Express.
However, next year we are doing non Disney and will have a car from the off.
After a less than stellar return flight with TC this year (God awful food, no seat back TV, crappy streaming app wouldn't work on Pixel 2 phone) we have just booked out of Doncaster with Tui next year (usual airport Manchester, Doncaster a bit closer to us).
Advantages seem to be:
1) Its cheaper. TC are wanting 900 (early August flight) each plus seats. Tui is £840 all in.
2) Dreamliner vs potentially dreaded no seatback IFE Air Tanker.
3) Manchester Airport is rapidly descending into a terrible cash grabbing place with horrendous security queues. The rip off parking charges for dropping off are causing all sorts of issues. Security has been terrible at times (flown numerous times out recently on business, once it was unbelievable). Doncaster you literally park up outside and walk in.
4) If Matt Lucas decides to make another Come Fly With Me, I may see them filming. Only joking on that last one ;-)

Now its been years since I went to Sanford and I could do with some info on the car hire situation there nowadays.
What do you need to know re Sanford and car hire
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
staffiedog
Gone all Goofy

Weve just come back from Florida and flew with tui , i haven't been with Thomas cook so cant compare but we flew premium and only have good things to say especially on the way out . Weve been to both Orlando international and now Sanford and would definitely use Sanford if we go again as its much quieter and much smaller so very little walking . We were through to the hire car very quickly , i used budget with no que at the desk and the car was great . I dont think there was much choice of vehicle even if you use Alamo due to it being a small airport .So in my opinion if the prices are the same i would choose tui due to landing at Sanford
staffiedog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've done TC and Tui and I would choose Tui every time.

The dreamliner is amazing and Sanford is such an easy airport to use

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

We flew with TUI in May and didn't have a good experience with the airline nor at SFB, so it'd be TCX flying into MCO for us, but I appreciate everyone else seems to have had a far better experience with TUI.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have flown with both in the last few years. Tui was easier as it was using a local airport. I wouldn't fault Thomas Cook, our seats were fine prefer landing in MCO as well. The one thing I did prefer with Thomas Cook was being able to buy a large Tea which didn't have a half taste of coffee plus I think the food we had was better than Tui. I'm sure everyone has different opinions it might be easier thinking about what is most important for your own family and then deciding. We would be happy to fly with either really and usually fly BA. but found these both compared well.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
I would choose Thomas Cook just for the fact they fly into MCO as it's closer,I have flown on the dream liner and it's not much better than the new Thomas Cook planes,we liked the service on both!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023

Edited at 08:35 AM.
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

I am the opposite. I would always go MCO over Sanford as it is closer. Being more like a proper airport facilities are better but certainly not on Gatwick scale. TUI or TC, both budget so make sure hold baggage included, this was the difference on a recent quote between them for me. Being budget probably no twilight checkin and no Disney check-in. Cabin allowance smaller than Virgin or BA so pack carefully. Both struggle to recover from delays due to small fleet. I would.suggest going with however is cheapest. Nothing else really matters as too close a choice.

I would think alamo would be better at MCO too.

Edited at 10:04 AM.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List