Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 13 Aug 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordie boy 57 View Post
Well that was quick
Emailed forms at 7.10pm and have just had reply back with number to ring to pay the fee
Will do that tomorrow
They're dead canny GB, bro's dealt with George on each occasion. When he hadn't had a reply for a few days he emailed George again who said there was no sign of his email, could've been bro's fault, he had a bad stroke which knocks his logic at times. Bro re-sent and George replied within minutes, they're very on the ball.

Apparently, since Osceola ceased online applications, their workload increased substantially, they're well happy as it keeps work coming which keeps jobs safe
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
They're dead canny GB, bro's dealt with George on each occasion. When he hadn't had a reply for a few days he emailed George again who said there was no sign of his email, could've been bro's fault, he had a bad stroke which knocks his logic at times. Bro re-sent and George replied within minutes, they're very on the ball.

Apparently, since Osceola ceased online applications, their workload increased substantially, they're well happy as it keeps work coming which keeps jobs safe
Yes I was impressed by the speed getting a reply
Wasn't going to bother with the permit but DW said it could come in usefull when out and about and not just at the parks
It's her badge as she has severe asthma
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Wasn't going to bother with the permit but DW said it could come in usefull when out and about and not just at the parks
After our Deputy pal spoke to the traffic dept (Lee County) he came to the conclusion that it was worth paying the $17 for the temp placard, I think you made a good decision. Ahh, hubs and I are also good friends with Arthur Itis, he goes everywhere with us

I hope you both have a smashing holiday when you head off
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

and normally arrives within a week. It's an excellent service
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
and normally arrives within a week. It's an excellent service
Hi Coggie - defo an excellent service. For a country that seems to thrive on red tape, the whole temp disabiled placard application process is simple, fast and efficient.
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
Hi Coggie - defo an excellent service. For a country that seems to thrive on red tape, the whole temp disabiled placard application process is simple, fast and efficient.
Will be phoning later today to pay using my Revolut card will ppst on here when it arrives
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
Just spoke to a lovely lady in Osceola who took the $17 payment over the phone
Was able to tell her payment had gone through before she knew
How I love my Revolut card
Should get permit in 7 to 10 days
Old 15 Aug 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SJB07
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

This is such a strange situation, it seems to me that the official rules state that they do recognize the UK blue badge as long as it has the wheelchair logo, which it does and I really don't think is that difficult to make out in the UK blue badge.

Feels a bit to me like the confusing information is designed to tax worried blue badge tourists.
SJB07 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SJB07 View Post
This is such a strange situation, it seems to me that the official rules state that they do recognize the UK blue badge as long as it has the wheelchair logo, which it does and I really don't think is that difficult to make out in the UK blue badge.

Feels a bit to me like the confusing information is designed to tax worried blue badge tourists.
Hi SJ, is that an older badge? My da's is a definite silver hologram, the wheelchair logo is only visible when you move the card around.

I agree, rules/law state Brits can use their blue badge in Fl, but (has to be a but!) as our deputy pal said, with so many differing counties/law enforcement it only needs one cop/sheriff to check a badge thro the window and if unable to view a wheelchair logo they will ticket and may remove the vehicle too.
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
Hi SJ, is that an older badge? My da's is a definite silver hologram, the wheelchair logo is only visible when you move the card around.

I agree, rules/law state Brits can use their blue badge in Fl, but (has to be a but!) as our deputy pal said, with so many differing counties/law enforcement it only needs one cop/sheriff to check a badge thro the window and if unable to view a wheelchair logo they will ticket and may remove the vehicle too.
Hi Chris
DWs badge is silver hologram also and as you say you have to tilt it a certain way to see the wheelchair logo
Definetly cannot see it through car windscreen