Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

BA online check in time MAN - LHR - USA

I believe a few Dibbers have done this route recently but have gone to MCO rather than JFK.

What time were you able to check in (and choose seats) for the LHR - USA segments? Both flights are operated by BA.

I've always been able to check in for all of the flights at the same time when travelling indirect but I've read a couple of comments recently that said the MAN - LHR opened 24 hours before that flight and the LHR - USA opened later.

It doesn't make a huge amount of difference; however, I am driving to Manchester Airport to stay overnight the night before so it affects the time we're planning to set out on Friday.

Edited at 01:12 PM.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

You should be able to check in for both flights when check-in for MAN-LHR opens. The issues people have with a delay checking in for the second flight are usually when that flight is operated by another carrier (such as AA). Doesn't always happen, but there can be issues.

With both flights on BA, you should be fine checking in for both at the same time, unless there was some other issue preventing check in.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
You should be able to check in for both flights when check-in for MAN-LHR opens. The issues people have with a delay checking in for the second flight are usually when that flight is operated by another carrier (such as AA). Doesn't always happen, but there can be issues.

With both flights on BA, you should be fine checking in for both at the same time, unless there was some other issue preventing check in.
Thank you Peko. I thought that should be the case but the comments made me question it.

I would like to check in and choose my seats for both flights in the morning so we can be on the road just after lunch to avoid the Friday rush hour traffic in Manchester.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lillylulu
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

i have have just checked in for tomorrow's flights ,checked in all way to miami .and kept same seats that i had booked with american airlines.
only problem im having is i can't print or add boarding passes to my phone for for london-miami segment, says collect at counter
Lillylulu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As others have said, you can definitely check in for both flights when you do your first one.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Brilliant, thanks for your help.
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by Lillylulu View Post
i have have just checked in for tomorrow's flights ,checked in all way to miami .and kept same seats that i had booked with american airlines.
only problem im having is i can't print or add boarding passes to my phone for for london-miami segment, says collect at counter
One of our says that too, we have the emergency exit seats that I paid for ages ago, so I think its something to do with that, in that they want to check DH is physically fit enough to open the door if needed. Thats what I am hoping. Hope he doesnt get moved, unless its an upgrade to BC.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List