Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylady
Proud to wear my Ears

Linking magic bands

We are going to magic kingdom on our first day and will buy magic bands, can we buy them from the emporiam and where do we go to link them?
disneylady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

They will link them for you there.
Old 15 Aug 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylady
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks, so i can pay and link them up at the same time.
disneylady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Yes or you can link yourselves. Just input the Magic band number into the Magic band section on your MDE app.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Its a very straightforward process, they will ask for your ticket and link that to the magic band. Provided you have already linked the ticket to your MDE account, everything else happens automatically. Nothing for you to do and takes five minutes to sort out

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
Its a very straightforward process, they will ask for your ticket and link that to the magic band. Provided you have already linked the ticket to your MDE account, everything else happens automatically. Nothing for you to do and takes five minutes to sort out
Sorry to be picky, but nothing is actually linked to the band. The band and the tickets are linked to MDE.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylady
Proud to wear my Ears

I have got the app up and running and there are 3 of us on the app, we each want a band so will each be linked the app? i have booked fast passes for us all on it.
Old 16 Aug 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by disneylady View Post
I have got the app up and running and there are 3 of us on the app, we each want a band so will each be linked the app? i have booked fast passes for us all on it.
yes they will be. Basically they replace your tickets (although you can still use them if you want to) eg when going to a fast pass queue, you press the magic band to the mickey at the entrance rather than having to dig out the ticket from your pocket/wallet/purse etc

And when exiting the rides make sure you press the magic band to the mickey below the screen with your photo on it to make sure it registers with your memory maker account.

I believe they are supposed to pick up the band as you walk past but its always safer to do this to make sure

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylady
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks everyone, i think that is all my silly questions answered now LOL - i just can't wait to go, it is in touching distance now.
Old 16 Aug 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
I believe they are supposed to pick up the band as you walk past but its always safer to do this to make sure
Every CM asked us to place our bands against the machine.
Mine was a special edition anniversary Dumbo one so i got a rainbow everytime i did it before it went green!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List